Valencia?

Posted by: Carole Chiaro

Valencia? - 01/22/03 09:07 PM

I'm moving the subject line from another forum. Does anyone have feedback, positive or negative, on Valencia? Would it be worth driving from Granada?
Posted by: Hip Priest

Re: Valencia? - 01/24/03 04:25 PM

During Las Fallas: most definitely. Any other time: Hmmm...

(I lived there for 5 years (moved from Granada actually) and love the place but I don't think it's worth 7 hours drive to see as there aren't much sights. YOu'll have a good time but better make it as part of the visit to the Levante coast.)
Posted by: junknira

Re: Valencia? - 01/25/03 05:47 AM

I really enjoyed Valencia, tho only spent a few days there. I think it's worth it, and again, seems Las Fallas would be an excellent time (i will be there this march 18/19, yeah!). if you are there in april, then go thru alcoi for the moros y cristianes feria, excellent! there is a tiny pueblo, Millena just outside of alcoi, go to bar millena for a great meal of entrecote con (green pepper sauce), really sweet folks there and a free campground next door.
Posted by: janlo

Re: Valencia? - 01/25/03 06:11 PM

i spent a few days in Valencia. I enjoyed it.
the old town is nice and calm. Beach is not far if i remember.
Nothing extraordianry in this city, but nothing bad too. I am glad to have been there.
Posted by: Quevedo

Re: Valencia? - 02/02/03 03:20 PM

I agree with HipPriest - Valencia is a good place, but not worth a special (long) drive to see it unless you were going to Las Fallas (great fiesta!!) or going to the area for other things anyway. The town has some nice places to walk, stay and eat. There is a nice old-world feel to the town with a good working class backbone to it.