Madrid:Place to Party?

Posted by: mgarcia

Madrid:Place to Party? - 01/02/03 11:15 PM

I am going to Madrid in February and would like to know the best part of Madrid to stay in,if Im interesting in partying to the wee hours of the night? laugh
Posted by: Chrissiij

Re: Madrid:Place to Party? - 01/03/03 03:59 AM

Hello! I will be in Madrid in early feb, with the same thing in mind. I am staying in a hotel just by Sol, as it is very central to most of the clubs/pubs, and just by the metro too. Very handy if you don't want to stagger back........
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Madrid:Place to Party? - 01/03/03 11:47 AM

Hi mgarcia

As chrissiij points out anywhere in Sol is certainly central to most good places.You may like to check out Huertas too,as its quite lively there too.If its your first visit to Madrid,it may be worthwhile remembering that most places dont warm up until 10 or so!

I`m there in early Feb too cool (I`ll keep a lookout for any english staggering past :p )

Spikester
Posted by: Andrés

Re: Madrid:Place to Party? - 01/03/03 12:44 PM

Party?

Yes:

disco: Palacio de Gaviria . Arenal st
Day: Thursdays
Time: If you get there after 11.00 brace yourself for a whole hour waiting in the line.
Dance recommended: Merengue

A.J.
Posted by: kk49827

Re: Madrid:Place to Party? - 01/06/03 12:42 PM

I agreee with Andres.
The Palacio is a great place to go. Although you may not want to go there every night, check it out nonetheless. It's one of the most fascinating night clubs I've ever been too. There are always tons of young folks from all over the world there.
Posted by: Shazz

Re: Madrid:Place to Party? - 01/08/03 10:00 AM

The sol is close to what few clubs they offer. We found one of the best pubs on Calle Victoria. It has a big guiness sign posted and live music somedays. It has a nice influx of multinational people and we had a blast there! we didn't check out the disco's because my fiance doesn't dance. But the few I went to were packed and way smokey. But if you're in your early 20's its perfect!! Lots of beautiful people. My favorite bar was quite smokey. I think it is a gay bar though. Its called Shillings but in Barcelona off the Ramblas.
Posted by: ChrisS

Re: Madrid:Place to Party? - 01/09/03 03:11 PM

Oooh partying in Madrid...Right now I recommend on a friday or saturday SWEET, Doctor cortezo 6 Metro sol or tirso de molina. 6 Euros includes drink.(no Im not a rep) This is the place for a fun and virtually tourist-free night of madrid fun. Not pijo, but dress nice, friendly people.

que lo pase bien,
Chris
Posted by: mgarcia

Re: Madrid:Place to Party? - 01/09/03 10:49 PM

Thanks for the infro...This gives me a great starting point.
Posted by: Martín de Madrid

Re: Madrid:Place to Party? - 02/05/03 10:57 AM

For REAL flamenco, not the tourist stuff, there is only one place I recommend in the city: La Solea. Check "La Guia de Ocio"("Liesure Guide," available at any magazine kiosk) for address, times and so forth. Get there around 11 or 12, if on a weekend, no later, because it will be packed. You will hear real flamenco, the singers and guitarrists are not paid, just afecionados who really love the art. Sometimes a dancer will make an appearance. This is the real thing! Trust me, I used to play flamenco guitar professionally, and my thesis in Anthropology at the University of Kansas was on Spanish Gypsies and Flamenco.

¡Disfrutas!
Martín
Posted by: mick nick

Re: Madrid:Place to Party? - 02/06/03 12:06 PM

Pre Club, get into the mood in Espana Cani on Pza del Angel. Mental.