Estudie espanol en Granada!

Posted by: paisstat

Estudie espanol en Granada! - 12/07/01 04:35 PM

This past summer, I spent almost seven weeks in Spain. I traveled with 23 other students from my University. We began our adventure with a 9 day tour of central and western spain, finishing with the finale at our home for 5 weeks in Granada. Along the way, I visited Madrid, Toledo, Salamanca, Segovia, Carceras, Trujillo and Sevilla. Later, on weekend trips I visited a small village in the Sierra Nevada called Bubion, Malaga, Tangier Morocco, and a wonderful trip to Almeria and Aqua Dulce. We studied spanish in Granada at the Centro Lenguas Modernas and we eached stayed with a host family. My host mother rents rooms to students year round, so there were three other students there, all of them from Spain. I highly recommend Granada, this last Moorish holdout is a very beautiful city which I love. This trip was great and I can't wait to return.

[ 12-07-2001: Message edited by: paisstat ]
Posted by: Nicole

Re: Estudie espanol en Granada! - 12/10/01 10:59 AM

Paisstat, glad to hear that you had a good time. You certainly visited some of the great cities of Spain. I only spent a couple of days in Granada (to see the Alhambra) during my year abroad in Salamanca, but from other board members who lived/studied there (esp. Granadagirl), it sounds like a wonderful city live.

By the way, I just spent a couple of years in KC - are you in KCKS or KCMO? I really miss biking to work down Wornell by Loose Park, through the Plaza and Westport. frown So pretty...

[ 12-10-2001: Message edited by: Nicole ]