Lake name??

Posted by: Alamo5

Lake name?? - 04/16/01 08:54 AM

Years and years ago ,while in Spain with the USAF, used to go to a lake a few hours out of Madrid. Thought it was near Guadalajara. We called the lake what sounded like (SAY-SAY-DON)...but cannot find anything near that on any map. Can anyone help ?? Been trying to figure this out for 39 years....Thanks. confused frown
Posted by: nevado

Re: Lake name?? - 04/16/01 09:23 AM

My guess is you're referring to Sacedón located east on the N-320 on your way to Guadalajara. There you'll find the Embalse de Buendía and the Embalse de Entrepeñas stemming from the Tajo.
Posted by: Alamo5

Re: Lake name?? - 04/16/01 11:48 AM

Thank you SO MUCH!!!!!!! We were there many many years ago.....while there was still the American base at Torrejon......there in the early 60's and late 60's as well....this is really appreciated........bless you~
laugh
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Lake name?? - 04/16/01 12:54 PM

Way to go, Nativo!!!! Thanks so much for helping Alamo5! He sent me an email with the same question, I didn't have the answer, suggested he/she post the question here in hopes that one of the madrileño members would have an answer, and BAM! you answered the question!! Thanks a lot! You all are so helpful and valuable members. laugh

Saludos, MadridMan

(by the way, Alamo5, one of MY favorite places IS New Mexico, YOUR state, and where my ladyfriend is living these 2 years)
Posted by: Carole Chiaro

Re: Lake name?? - 04/16/01 04:58 PM

Excuse me, MadridMan. Doesn't Nevado earn the kudos??
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Lake name?? - 04/16/01 08:24 PM

DOH!!!!!! :o I'm soooooo embarrassed. Sorry nevado!!!! (ohmygoshican'tbelieveijustdidthat)

KUDOS TO NEVADO!!!!!! laugh :o eek