Running Trails

Posted by: Kimberley

Running Trails - 02/19/01 11:13 AM

Hello

I'll be in Spain for two weeks (fly into Barcelona, out of Madrid and taking the northerly route) and although I'm no Marion Jones I need to run or else I get cranky. Plus I have HUGE 10K race when I get back. Any suggestions for short-moderate length runs?

Thanks
Kimberley
Posted by: Cristobal

Re: Running Trails - 02/19/01 10:00 PM

Hi Kimberly, if you are going to be in Barcelona, I can think of two places. Along the coast from the end of Las Ramblas( Plaza de Colon) up to Mar Selva, you can get about 8 miles on the jogger path. A better place is Montjuic, where the Olympic Stadium is located. It a huge hilly park with plenty of dirt trails for running. There is a good practice track about 1 kilometer away from the stadium. Some of the Spanish national runners train there. On March 18, there is the Barcelona Marathon, so you can jump in for a few miles there. I hope this helps. It should be nicer to run there in March rather then July. Ugh....it was Hot!!!!
Posted by: Kimberley

Re: Running Trails - 02/20/01 10:48 AM

Thanks so much!! I'm getting very excited (even though I have two month to go...).

The trails around Barcelona sound great, although I will probably skip the track - well, not literally

Thanks again
Kimberley