where is the skateboarding scene in Madrid?

Posted by: missmadrid98

where is the skateboarding scene in Madrid? - 11/02/00 04:37 PM

does anybody know where in madrid the skateboarding scene is, if there is any? know of any skateareas? i really like the skatboarding scene, i've have been into to for years, so i just wanted to check out the spanish skateboarding scene.

------------------
Spain Page!! Check it out! http://www.geocities.com/missmadrid98
Posted by: Leche

Re: where is the skateboarding scene in Madrid? - 11/02/00 05:56 PM

Alot of skaters usually hang out in the Plaza del Colon and I've found that there are skateparks and mini halfpipes all over central Spain...all built by the government. At least it was that way in the early '90's there.

Leche
Posted by: Diana

Re: where is the skateboarding scene in Madrid? - 11/02/00 08:09 PM

Plaza de Colon was still THE place in the summer of '99. I agree with Leche on the rest, too. (I did some skateboard shopping in the US for an enthusiast in Madrid before going there last year.) Majadahonda (a little closer to el Escorial than Plaza Colon) had a real nice area for skateboarders in the mid 90's. It was well used, and I don't know if they kept it up. But with the incredible amount of work they've put into the beautification of Majadahonda centro the last 2-3 years, it may still be there.
Posted by: El Boqueron

Re: where is the skateboarding scene in Madrid? - 11/03/00 05:12 AM

Is it safe for a woman to go skateboarding in Madrid? Isn't there a danger of being pickpocketed while executing a triple Lutz in the piked position?
Posted by: Leche

Re: where is the skateboarding scene in Madrid? - 11/03/00 01:15 PM

Is that a joke Boqueron? I think you have the wrong sport. You should stick with watching ice skating on tv.

Leche
Posted by: Castiza

Re: where is the skateboarding scene in Madrid? - 11/03/00 02:50 PM

Good joke Boqueron!
Posted by: Jo-Anne

Re: where is the skateboarding scene in Madrid? - 11/03/00 04:47 PM

As long as she's wearing black leather shoes and looks no-one in the eye (and keeps both zips of her bag held together with a couple of large paperclips), Miss Madrid should be fine shouldn't she El Boqueron?

By the way, is there anything one should be aware of regarding the etiquette of knee pads? Should they be matching the white ankle socks?

Jo-Anne

------------------
Madly in love with Madrid
Posted by: Nicole

Re: where is the skateboarding scene in Madrid? - 11/03/00 05:02 PM

Smart aleck.
Posted by: nicholas

Re: where is the skateboarding scene in Madrid? - 11/03/00 05:07 PM

el boqueron:
bit of advice on being sarcastic. helps to have your facts straight before executing the joke. better have a closer look at you sports terms.
Posted by: El Boqueron

Re: where is the skateboarding scene in Madrid? - 11/06/00 09:11 AM

It was just a joke, all of it! (Including the triple Lutz stuff, obviously). Sorry if I upset anyone for whom the inappropriate use of obscure ice skating terminology is not a laughing matter
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: where is the skateboarding scene in Madrid? - 11/06/00 09:31 AM

And isn't the "pike position" also for diving? Or maybe you're talking about some obscure fishing technique. hehehe.. Don't worry about it. I got your joke. And by the way, it's only safe for said woman to attempt such if she's wearing shorts and being carried by a passing stork.
Posted by: megia

Re: where is the skateboarding scene in Madrid? - 11/14/00 11:33 AM

your sarcasm was not in vain, boqueron. i used to be a skateboarder and i won't hold your purposeful misuse of terminology against you.
Posted by: MunchiMike

Re: where is the skateboarding scene in Madrid? - 12/12/00 05:34 AM

<<<SKATEBOARDS!????!>>>>P.p.p.PPP.ppplease, do it on blades willya.....there are no do-overs in life....do it once do it right!...or something like that,....with a skateboard you can just jump off, y'know whereas with blades you're committed and you HAVE TO make it work, ( incidentaly I've been on tv a half a dozen times on blades with the performing skateboarding dogs whom I've trained ) speaking of blades,... actually there's something else,.......skateboards are too juvenile and I'm tempted to talk you out of it forthat reason alone,....need I say more...?///Rev. Mike
Posted by: new yorker

Re: where is the skateboarding scene in Madrid? - 12/21/00 12:34 AM

damn mike you must be a new jack. skaters are the real deal you bladers are straight up wak. think about it did you ever see an old lady or yuppie skate. HELL NO. but those ar the type of people that dominate your scene. straight up keep it juvenille yall, let this little kid go with whats new. we'll keep on when that rollerblade steez is just a memory
Posted by: sheba

Re: where is the skateboarding scene in Madrid? - 01/03/01 09:35 PM

I kinda have to agree with new yorker on this. Skateboarding has been a sorta hip scene for kids for a while now, but I disagree that old people haven't been on them. I see plenty of thirty and forty year olds trying to recapture the Eighties on skateboards and plenty of snowboarders who were skateboarders, but now have money and age to fend with. And plenty of yuppies own the new skateboarding companies (as well as the old) so this point is moot. I would suggest to try to see what's happening in Barcelona. I know quite a few professionals come from Barcelona.