Stay in Madrid or not???

Posted by: NS Barb

Stay in Madrid or not??? - 05/26/11 10:38 AM

We are flying to Madrid on the 4th of Sept., and spending two nights. We are also spending the night of the 8th in Madrid before heading to Mallorca for a week. Thinking of heading to Sevilla for the two nights in between. We've never been to Spain. Any better ideas?
Posted by: pedmar

Re: Stay in Madrid or not??? - 05/26/11 11:45 AM

plenty to see around Madrid, some names
Segovia, Toledo, Aranjuez, Alcalą de Henares,Buizago, San Lorenzo de El Escorial,etc etc
hope it helps your planning.
Posted by: Puna

Re: Stay in Madrid or not??? - 05/26/11 02:29 PM

Madrid is a fabulous and diverse city - If you are spending a week in Mallorca strongly urge you to spend all the rest of your time discovering Madrid. You might want to try the search feature on site to learn about different things in Madrid. Look for info based on what you enjoy
Posted by: NS Barb

Re: Stay in Madrid or not??? - 05/27/11 07:47 AM

There's always that temptation to try and see too much in such a short space of time so I think I will take your advise and stay put - perhaps do day trips from Madrid. We also have 11 days to spend in Spain after Mallorca. We fly to Barcelona from Palma.
Posted by: Puna

Re: Stay in Madrid or not??? - 05/27/11 04:26 PM

The two cities are completely and totally different so I'm sure you'll have a marvelous time. Again, use the search feature as this site covers all of Spain ....