Madrid: Plaza Isabel II condition?

Posted by: admiral44

Madrid: Plaza Isabel II condition? - 12/31/09 06:11 AM

Has anyone traversed the area of Plaza Isabel II recently? This is near the Teatro Real. I would like to know if the construction is completed. I'm planning a trip for April and will be staying at a place that fronts the plaza.

Gracias.

Posted by: teachertraveler8

Re: Madrid: Plaza Isabel II condition? - 12/31/09 08:26 AM

I don't know about the construction, but I'm going to Madrid in April, too! Maybe we can arrange a get-together with forum members?
Posted by: pedmar

Re: Madrid: Plaza Isabel II condition? - 12/31/09 08:31 AM

i will be there jan 23-25 so if no info given by then can update you.
Ihave not heard from spanish news any construction still going on, but you never know in Madrid ,construction is its middle name nowdays ::)
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Madrid: Plaza Isabel II condition? - 12/31/09 08:31 AM

As of 2 weeks ago it was still surrounded with construction barriers, yes.

An April "Party with MadridMan" is a GREAT idea. Let's bring it up again (teachertraveler8, I'll give you some "homework" to remind me/us) in March.

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: jazz

Re: Madrid: Plaza Isabel II condition? - 12/31/09 11:42 AM

The construction in completed in July 2010, Plaza and Metro station
Posted by: steve robinson

Re: Madrid: Plaza Isabel II condition? - 12/31/09 12:47 PM

Thanks , Jazz. Looks like we´ll be looking elsewhere for a terraza lunch get together ... MM , I still like that place in Lago ( self cooked steak ) ... Yeah .. I know it´s not a "menú" but i guarantee any board members would love it to death !

Re: Madrid: Plaza Isabel II condition? - 12/31/09 12:59 PM

Hmmmm.... Jazz, are you maybe thinking of the Puerta del Sol? I ask because when I passed by 2 weeks ago by the Plaza Isabel II it was surrounded by these metal barriers. The metro station was open, however.
Posted by: jazz

Re: Madrid: Plaza Isabel II condition? - 12/31/09 01:19 PM

here, http://www.somoscentro.com/2009/07/notic...metro-de-opera/
well! l'm going to Puerta del Sol... and still rainig

Re: Madrid: Plaza Isabel II condition? - 12/31/09 04:33 PM

Thanks for the feedback. I'll keep an eye on the thread.
As for getting together... I'll be in Madrid on 16, 17, and morning of 18 April. Hopefully one of those dates clicks with others.

Happy New Year!

Re: Madrid: Plaza Isabel II condition? - 12/31/09 06:57 PM

Bummer...I'll be there earlier in the month... 3-11. Oh well, maybe we'll meet on another trip, Admiral44

Re: Madrid: Plaza Isabel II condition? - 01/01/10 02:30 PM

April is always an option for me,as I can always have a pre notice excuse to be in Madrid. Maybe this year might be it MadridMan ::)

Re: Madrid: Plaza Isabel II condition? - 01/03/10 09:52 AM

OK Pedmar. If you come at the beginning of April, maybe we can meet. My "assignment" is to remind MM in March about getting together with the forum people. I won't forget, but I suppose it doesn't hurt to plan ahead. I'm already counting down. (3 months from today!!)

Re: Madrid: Plaza Isabel II condition? - 01/04/10 11:11 AM

well let see beg april 11 April Real Madrid vs Barcelona, jejejeje you bet I will be there rain or shine or snowstorm. of course hoping you all can be there too, and not necessarily in the stadium. Thats a big excuse for me to be there....::)

I will be jan 23/24/25 for the Malaga game. Cheers ,Hala Madrid!!!

Re: Madrid: Plaza Isabel II condition? - 01/04/10 12:02 PM

My son and I want to go to a football (soccer) game on April 4 (that's 3 months to the day) We would prefer to go to your game pedmar, but we'll be on the way home. So, if anyone is interested in Atletico Madrid, we'll be going to that one. Perhaps we could meet for tapas or lunch a different day.

Re: Madrid: Plaza Isabel II condition? - 01/04/10 02:33 PM

yes we will work it out, with the reminder ::) whats that other team???? hehehehehe just kidding !!!! see my photo ::)

Re: Madrid: Plaza Isabel II condition? - 01/11/10 02:38 PM

Here are a couple photos I took of tonight of the Plaza de Isabel II (a.k.a. "Plaza de Opera") from two vantage points. Still looks like a real mess and doubt they'll be finished within a month's time.

Re: Madrid: Plaza Isabel II condition? - 01/11/10 06:27 PM

Thanks for the photos MM. I hope they can wrap it up by the time I arrive in Mid-April. I imagine the weather makes the construction difficult.