Madrid-Work on Puerta del Sol

Posted by: Mongo

Madrid-Work on Puerta del Sol - 04/05/09 02:54 AM

While peeking at the webcam in Sol Webcam Sol, it appears that they have moved the construction barrier to the west since I returned home on Monday. Any confirmation of this? I thought they were almost done! There is blank pavement and a large jackhammer ready to go.
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Madrid-Work on Puerta del Sol - 04/05/09 06:45 AM

Yup! I was there just yesterday. Now it reaches nearly to the La Mallorquina pastry shop on the western end of the Puerta del Sol, now the construction nearly encompasses the ENTIRE Puerta del Sol plaza. Ugh. This has taken, what, 3 or 4 years now! mad

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: steve robinson

Re: Madrid-Work on Puerta del Sol - 04/05/09 09:03 AM

Usually big projects like this .. And MM you´re right , Puerta del Sol has not be clear of "obras" since I moved here nearly 4 years ago ! , But normally they have projected completion dates written on the information boards . I don´t recall seeing any in Sol !?
Posted by: pedmar

Re: Madrid-Work on Puerta del Sol - 04/06/09 02:14 PM

oh mighty, still ???? I was there last december and they were on crowded days.I guess they are redoing the whole city again all over ::)

forgot, of course, when I go now for visits, all seems new from when i used to live there ::)