Spanish low cost airline: Vueling

Posted by: Anonymous

Spanish low cost airline: Vueling - 11/03/04 06:26 AM

O my God. What a name! :o

OK, apart form that: They have just begun to flight between Barcelona and Madrid.

I think most of you may not know it, just as I didn't. It's supposed to have 11 routes and up to 30 flights a day.

It was created in Feb 2004 and they say they offer prices as much as 50% lower.

Home Page of vueling
Posted by: Booklady

Re: Spanish low cost airline: Vueling - 11/04/04 10:13 AM

Ignacio, I agree, what a name! eek Is it Spanglish, by any chance: vuel (from Spanish vuelo meaning flight) + -ing (English verb ending such as flying)?
Posted by: Jo-Anne

Re: Spanish low cost airline: Vueling - 11/04/04 10:35 AM

... and they've started to name each aircraft too apparently!

eg
Quote:
"Born to be vueling" ....

and cn 2207) Vueling has started to name its acfts., as you can see on this close up, IZD has been named "Barceloning", I hope they donīt name the followings as "Palming", "Valenciing", "Parising", etc.........., but "definetely-ing" it will be "naming all-ing" finishing on "-ing".
eek eek

You can see more here: AIRLINERS.NET

The planes look nice anyway cool

Jo

Re: Spanish low cost airline: Vueling - 11/04/04 11:52 AM

Yes, it's kind of spanglish. And in their webpage, their ads are like "Where vais todas?" "And new ruta Barcelona Bilbao" "desde 20 € per trayecto" It`s mostly Spanish with an English touch, to draw attention to themselves.

I didn't know about the planes, hahaha. laugh
Posted by: arthurg

Re: Spanish low cost airline: Vueling - 11/04/04 11:10 PM

Has anyone you know used this airline and express any kind of opinion about the experience?

Re: Spanish low cost airline: Vueling - 11/05/04 05:03 AM

NO, after posting this message, you know as much as I do. smile
Posted by: pim

Re: Spanish low cost airline: Vueling - 11/05/04 05:54 AM

I have bought a flight for my boss on Wednesday. I'll ask him and be able to report after that... smile
Posted by: ditravelphoto

Re: Spanish low cost airline: Vueling - 11/17/04 10:35 PM

Pim....any feedback on Vueling? I checked it out and it's much cheaper than I was finding for flights between Madrid and Barcelona (Barceloning???) rolleyes and Barcelona to Seville.

I would love to hear any feedback from your boss.
Posted by: Anchovy Front

Re: Spanish low cost airline: Vueling - 11/18/04 03:58 AM

If you're thinking of taking a flight my advice is book it straight away if the the fares are good. We've been using low cost carriers in and out of Britain for years now and while the seats are very cheap, nay extremely cheap, at first, the more people that book the higher the cost of the seats and you will be regretting you didnt take advantage. frown

What is the worst case scenario? The airline goes bust and you lose your fare? How much? 25 - 30 Euros? Book it! laugh
Posted by: TaraENYC

Re: Spanish low cost airline: Vueling - 12/05/04 08:38 PM

Any real feedback on this airline yet? My friend and I booked tickets and I'd like to know how others found it. Very strange, once I booked my ticket, I had trouble going back and reviewing the itin.

Thanks.
Tara

Re: Spanish low cost airline: Vueling - 12/22/04 07:15 AM

We took Vueling from Madrid to Barcelona and Barcelona to Seville. No problems what so ever. Everything ran smooth, booking on line was easy.

A couple things I would say....they do a lot of marketing on the flight (more so than usual), maybe this is because they are new. I have a low tolerance for this so it got old pretty quick. Also they played some odd music the whole flight, kind of hip elevator lounge music.

Neither of these things should stop you from buying a ticket at half the price of similar tickets!!

Diana
Posted by: crazymadridag02

Re: Spanish low cost airline: Vueling - 01/06/05 12:21 PM

Diana, were your tickets sent to you in the mail so that you knew what airline and terminal you are departing from in Madrid? How did you receive confirmation? Do they use safe jets/airplanes? Did you feel safe on the flight? Thanks! So many questions I know, but it seems to good to be true to find such a cheap airline that flies from Madrid to Barcelona!

Re: Spanish low cost airline: Vueling - 01/06/05 08:14 PM

I booked on line so I just printed out the confirmation. Not sure what they do if you call them.

Planes are nice, new Airbus 320's. Not a worry about safety. I got an email that they are running a special now for 10 euros one way to any of the cities they fly to (plus taxes and whatnot) flying from January to March 14th. HOWEVER you have to buy the tickets by Jan 6th...TODAY! I'd grab them if your looking for flights during that time. laugh
Posted by: txbella

Re: Spanish low cost airline: Vueling - 02/09/05 09:54 AM

FYI, for anyone else that is planning an upcoming trip to Spain, Vueling is
having a two for one ticket special.
I think that today is the last day to order..
We got our tickets from Barcelona to Madrid for
about 18 euros each.

I can't wait, I'll be there in about 31/2 weeks smile
Posted by: txbella

Re: Spanish low cost airline: Vueling - 03/14/05 11:45 AM

The vueling plane and flight were great. One thing to keep in mind especially if you are a girly girl and pack more than a backpack or buy a lot of souveniers....
We'd already been in Spain 10 days when we flew vueling from Barcelona to Madrid so by then my suitcase was too heavy and they do charge 6 euros per kilo over the weight limit of 20 kilos for a checked suitcase. This could add up really quickly especially if you're not expecting it....
Just wanted to let ya'll know. smile