Madrid to Barcelona

Posted by: Mr Schwump

Madrid to Barcelona - 06/06/04 05:08 PM

We'll be staying in Madrid but want to visit Barcelona. What's the best way to get there, taking both time and money into account, by train or plane?

your old pal,
Joe
Posted by: Mongo

Re: Madrid to Barcelona - 06/06/04 05:22 PM

A one way ticket on Iberia costs 37 Euros including tax. The flight is about 40 minutes give or take.
Posted by: CloggieKing

Re: Madrid to Barcelona - 06/10/04 12:47 AM

You can also try http://www.spanair.com/
Posted by: megia

Re: Madrid to Barcelona - 06/16/04 04:10 AM

boy o boy... the train ride is many mind-numbing hours...

you should fly, if you really feel the need to go to Barcelona...
Posted by: whyssb

Re: Madrid to Barcelona - 06/17/04 01:39 PM

We just came back. We started in Madrid then flew Iberia to Barcelona, then Iberia to Sevilla, picked up a rental car and drove all over Andalusia, and then turned in the rental car in Malaga and flew Spanair to Madrid.

All the flights were booked via the web, with the option for E-tickets tied to our passport numbers. All we had to do was show up at the airport and show our passport. It was easy, inexpensive (27 to 35 euro's for a one way ticket) and let us spend more time on the sights.

I would highly recommend flying!

Whyssb
----------------------
Missing Madrid already
Posted by: quime

Re: Madrid to Barcelona - 06/21/04 07:00 PM

Can anyone tell me, how it works? i mean, i visited the iberia.com and tried to find the fares you mentioned before(under 40 USD)and failed!!!
maybe i am litlle dump!
Posted by: Mongo

Re: Madrid to Barcelona - 06/21/04 11:58 PM

When you go to Iberia.com, switch it to Iberia in Spain. They only offer the cheap stuff in Spain. They will tell you that they can't deliver the ticket, but it will be an e-ticket so it doesn't matter. If you get into trouble, use your hotel address. It took me awhile to figure it out so don't fret it!
Posted by: Kathleen

Re: Madrid to Barcelona - 07/02/04 09:33 PM

Hello: You will probably not find cheap fares right now. They seem to have been taken about one to two months ago. It will probably be about 70 euros right now each way. Go to www.Iberia.com . Type in your itineary, then after flights show up, look at the bottom right hand side and you will find two buttons 'restricted or 'unrestricted. The restricted fares are the less expensive fares. If your search comes up with only higher priced fares, they have sold all the less expensive fars. Spain Air seems to have less expensive flights as well. good luck
Posted by: wahcow

Re: Madrid to Barcelona - 07/05/04 11:18 AM

well....tried taking a bus from Madrid to Barcelona, to and fro cost me about Eur65.....7 hours each way man......dont think i will doing anything like that again.....taking a plane would be much better