luggage on bus from Madrid to Salamanca

Posted by: JoanaD

luggage on bus from Madrid to Salamanca - 05/10/04 12:33 AM

Hi All,

Since Auto-res has decided to make a good will gesture and cancel some strike days, my trip to Salamanca from Madrid by bus is once again a possiblity.

Last time in Spain I travelled on Euromed, and they had absolutely no tolerance for my large suitcase. I was very lucky indeed to find a spot for it thanks to the assistance of a very nice couple.

This time my bag will be considerably lighter, but I want to know if there is any difference between the train and the bus with respect to luggage placement.

I'm leaving Thursday so I really have to get this together soon. Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Joana
Posted by: Torrales

Re: luggage on bus from Madrid to Salamanca - 05/10/04 05:14 AM

In all Auto-Res buses I have seen, the passengers' luggage is in a big compartment under the seats, at wheels level. I would say that even carrying a trunk there would not be any problem.
Posted by: CathyM

Re: luggage on bus from Madrid to Salamanca - 05/10/04 04:55 PM

In all the buses I've taken in Spain the luggage compartment is below the bus. You only have to lift your luggage a few inches. It's actually more convenient traveling by bus with luggage since you don't have to worry about watching it. It was a little different on a few buses in Portugal where the compartment opening was up higher and I had to lift my (heavy) suitcase about 4 feet. Another lady with a large suitcase helped me out and I helped her so we were OK. wink
Posted by: JoanaD

Re: luggage on bus from Madrid to Salamanca - 05/10/04 05:41 PM

Thanks so much Torrales and Cathy!

The bus it will be....

Joana