Bus from Madrid to Salamanca

Posted by: Philip Livingstone

Bus from Madrid to Salamanca - 02/03/04 01:00 PM

Hi,

I want to go to Salamanca for a long day trip from Madrid, and with RENFE for some reason takes about 4 hours to make the journey by train.

Is there a regular return bus/coach service that makes that trip faster?

I already had a look on The BusStation

I'd be grateful for any help or advice, I want to go on a Saturday...

cheers

Philip
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Bus from Madrid to Salamanca - 02/03/04 01:09 PM

I did a SEARCH for you of this forum using the search terms BUS MADRID SALAMANCA and found the following, previous thread on the topic:

" Buses to Salamanca from Madrid "

There, you'll see that the bus company Auto-Res has this route. The site is not available in English, however. Has anyone made this trip? How was it? Comfortable?

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: Booklady

Re: Bus from Madrid to Salamanca - 02/03/04 08:37 PM

A very comfortable trip. The bus was much better than the Regionales train, which at times, the seats are not very comfortable.
We had very comfortable padded chairs with video in Spanish. They provided the headsets. I believe there was a bathroom in the back of the bus.

I remember thinking that the price was also much less than the train. Another thing I liked is that the trip by bus was faster than by train. Plus the bus station, bith in Madrid and Salamanca was more manageable to walk around than Atocha!

Overall, a very nice and comfortable ride. I would recommend it over the Regional trains.
Posted by: Antonio

Re: Bus from Madrid to Salamanca - 02/04/04 01:14 PM

Booklady is right. The Auto Res buses are faster, more frequent and more comfortable that regional trains.

You can choose between the "normal" and the "express" service. The latter is a bit faster (I think it takes about 2h 30 min). It also has leather seats, free complimentary headphones and newspaper.