Specifics on buying tickets for AVE

Posted by: travel333

Specifics on buying tickets for AVE - 10/15/03 11:07 AM

Are tickets specified for EACH passenger? Or, can I purchase 2 in my name for my daughter and I? We need tickets between Seville and Cordoba and Seville and Granada. Can I purchase ALL THE TICKETS for the two trips on www.renfe.es and pick them up at the Madrid airport when we arrive in Spain? Thanks!
Posted by: sel

Re: Specifics on buying tickets for AVE - 10/15/03 07:24 PM

They are not name specific. Children 12 and under get a big discount so if your kids qualify, make certain you buy them children's tickets.
Posted by: Eddie

Re: Specifics on buying tickets for AVE - 10/16/03 06:08 AM

travel333 writes:
Quote:
Are tickets specified for EACH passenger? Or, can I purchase 2 in my name for my daughter and I? We need tickets between Seville and Cordoba and Seville and Granada. Can I purchase ALL THE TICKETS for the two trips on www.renfe.es and pick them up at the Madrid airport when we arrive in Spain?
The Renfe ticket Office in Madrid's aeropuerto de Barajas has a Computer terminal. They can call up your reservation(s) and will be only too happy to sell you all your rail tickets. But, as Sel says, you should know what discounts you (or those travelling with you) qualify for, and you must ask for such discounts.

You may be in for a big surprise: There's no AVE between Sevilla and Granada. As a matter of fact, buses may make that trip faster and run more frequently than trains.