Getting to Majorca from Barcelona

Posted by: ralphy

Getting to Majorca from Barcelona - 06/01/03 06:47 PM

Hi we are planning on going from Barcelona to Majorca at the end of September and just wondering about the cost and the length of time for the ferry? We are travelling with our baby who will be 18 months and so obviously don't want to be on a ferry for 6 or 7 hours.
We are planning about 5 days there and then hoping to catch a ferry back to Valencia.
Would appreciate any advice about the ferry and also what the weather is usually like that time of year and if accomodation costs drop around then.
cheers
Posted by: Antonio

Re: Getting to Majorca from Barcelona - 06/02/03 10:18 AM

Ralphy, check out Transmediterranea for information about ferries between Barcelona and Majorca. I've heard there is a "high speed" ferry linking both cities.

Check out also Iberia , Spanair , Air Europa . They usually have very good deals.
Posted by: Jana

Re: Getting to Majorca from Barcelona - 06/02/03 05:00 PM

I think flying is the way to go. It's not too expensive and you don't waste so much time traveling. We flew in and out of Valencia last year and it was very easy and quick. (Good paella in the Valencia airport, too!)

By the way, the airport in Palma is really weird. I stood at the baggage claim area and thought I was in northern Europe. We arrived on a small Iberia flight, but it seemed like every other plane was a huge one from up north.