Madrid Unlimited Metro Travel

Posted by: Half A Scargill

Madrid Unlimited Metro Travel - 05/09/03 08:11 AM

Do any of you friendly knowledgeable people know of any tickets which give unlimited travel on the underground. I am in Madrid for 5 days from May 19th and was wondering if it is cheaper to pay for Metro tickets individually or do they have any special tickets /books which, for example, let me do 10 rail trips for a far cheaper price.
Over here in England / Liverpool we have a zone ticket which last for 1 day and gives you unlimited travel on trains / ferries and buses, all for a really decent price. Thanks in advance. smile
Posted by: Arturo

Re: Madrid Unlimited Metro Travel - 05/09/03 08:20 AM

Just go to MadridMan's " Local Transportation " section for info on the Metro in Madrid. There is a link to the Metro website and they do have a discount package. The one way fare is 1.10 Euros and the 10 Trip costs 5.20 Euros.
Posted by: eduardo

Re: Madrid Unlimited Metro Travel - 05/09/03 12:51 PM

The "bono de diez" ten-ride ticket for 5.20 Euros is definitely the way to go unless you happen to be staying for a much longer period of time and can take advantage of the monthly passes. You can even use the Metro to and from Barajas airport for a single fare.
Posted by: northeron

Re: Madrid Unlimited Metro Travel - 05/09/03 02:41 PM

can i buy the bono de diez in the station at the airport and if so where?
Thanks,Chris.
Posted by: Antonio

Re: Madrid Unlimited Metro Travel - 05/09/03 06:03 PM

The 10 trips ticket is called Metrobús. You can buy it at any subway station (including the one at the airport), at a tobacconist and at most newstands.