Madrid: Best City Tour?

Posted by: mgarcia

Madrid: Best City Tour? - 01/30/03 10:53 PM

What is the latest on the best city tour of Madrid? I plan on taking one this sunday morning around 10am?
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Madrid: Best City Tour? - 01/30/03 11:27 PM

Who gives tours on Sunday mornings? I would think all city tour companies would be closed on Sundays - MAYBE a few would be open on Sunday afernoons but I'd be surprised. Antonio, any ideas?

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: Eddie

Re: Madrid: Best City Tour? - 01/31/03 05:09 AM

MadridMan writes:
Quote:
Who gives tours on Sunday mornings? I would think all city tour companies would be closed on Sundays
Especialy around the second of February!
MGarcia:
Put on your walking shoes! Take MetroMadrid to Opera (Opera, Plaza de Oriente, Palacio Réal). Then you can walk up Calle Mayór to the Plaza Mayór, continue to the Puerta del Sol. Go down calle Alcala to Cibeles And continue to the Puerta de Alcala and el Parque del buen Retiro. After a stop in the park (weather permitting) you can go to the Museo del Prado and after that walk down to Atocha. cool
That circuit should take you about 6-hours; but you'll probably stop for dinner along the way so add another 2-hours. rolleyes
Posted by: Jo-Anne

Re: Madrid: Best City Tour? - 01/31/03 05:47 AM

mgarcia

I don't think you will get a response from Antonio this week as he is posing as FITUR man amongst the lovely ladies at Madrids International Tourism Fair wink

I have just looked at Madrid Visions web site MADRID VISION and Eddie is right - tours with them don't start until mid March frown What a shame frown

Hope you find some alternative. Although Eddies walking option sounds cool to me cool

Jo

Oh, I've just re-read your question and think you were talking about walking tours anyway rolleyes
Posted by: Cornelio

Re: Madrid: Best City Tour? - 02/01/03 01:14 PM

I would recommend VIATOR at www.viator.com. Click on Madrid and you will see numerous tours. In Madrid, they use an outfit called Julia tours, which I have used on several occasions. I noticed that there is a 3-hour "Panoramic Madrid" tour which does run on Sundays and costs about $19. Anywhere I go in Europe, I usually book in advance on-line with VIATOR, print the receipt and show up at the tour office at the designated time.
Posted by: Booklady

Re: Madrid: Best City Tour? - 02/01/03 03:20 PM

Thank you, Cornelio, for the information on VIATOR, they have some very nice private tours of Madrid and its environs. I like the fact that they have privately run tours. I am an intrepid traveler and prefer to go it alone, but sometimes time is of the essence so I have to compromise and take a tour. smile