Granada->Gibraltar:How to Travel?

Posted by: adventura

Granada->Gibraltar:How to Travel? - 10/22/02 11:25 PM

Hi!

A friend and I (both females) are going for a 2 week trip to Spain starting Oct 31. We'll be doing Madrid, Sevilla, Granada and Gibraltar.

What's the best way to get to Gibraltar from Granada? I researched RENFE and didn't see any routes to Gibraltar (all the trains seem to end at Algerceris).

So the other options are to go via Bus or Rent a car.

Both of us can drive a manual transmission, I'm a little worried about spanish drivers, though I'm by no means a wimpy driver here in Toronto and can drive at speeds of 140km/h confidently.

Thanks in advance!
adventura...
Posted by: Anchovy Front

Re: Granada->Gibraltar:How to Travel? - 10/23/02 05:31 AM

By bus is the easiest way. They are comfortable although the journey is a little under five hours. It will cost you around 16 Euros to La Linea, which is the border town and you can book online here http://www.continental-auto.es/continental/ventbi.php The border is just five minutes walk from the bus station.

If you don't mind driving, then it will take you less than three hours and give you more freedom. The roads are good from Granada, with dual carriageway all the way. You won't have a problem, although it sounds like you're more dangerous than the Spaniards, whizzing along at 140!! wink

I would certainly leave the car outside Gibraltar and walk across, as the queuing time to get across in a car at the moment can be over half the time it took you to get from Granada!! eek
Posted by: adventura

Re: Granada->Gibraltar:How to Travel? - 10/24/02 09:49 PM

Thanks for the information! smile