London to Madrid for £60 !!!

Posted by: sstackho

London to Madrid for £60 !!! - 10/17/01 03:35 PM

British Airways is having a seat sale, and one of their destinations is Madrid. I just booked a flight from a Saturday morning to Monday evening for £60 including taxes! Holy crap!!

Excellent site MadridMan!! VERY helpful!

[ 10-17-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]
Posted by: rere

Re: London to Madrid for £60 !!! - 10/17/01 10:36 PM

It usually costs about 150USD for a "cheap" flight between those two cities, so that is a good deal. I like BA because they are soooooo polite. And the hats the attendents wear are frumpily campy. wink
Posted by: Eddie

Re: London to Madrid for £60 !!! - 10/18/01 05:43 AM

In early June I flew EasyJet London (Luton) to Madrid for 75 GBP. So 60 CBP is good! :p

[ 10-18-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]
Posted by: mick nick

Re: London to Madrid for £60 !!! - 10/18/01 04:51 PM

Just booked return flights Liverpool/Madrid for £65 in Feb on Easyjet site.The guys a saint! :p
Posted by: Antonio

Re: London to Madrid for £60 !!! - 10/20/01 08:08 AM

According to British Airways, the sale is £69 return including taxes from London Heathrow or Gatwick to a number of destinations in Europe. And the best thing of all is that children.... go for free!!!. Are you reading this Jo-Anne? wink

[ 10-20-2001: Message edited by: Antonio ]
Posted by: Jo-Anne

Re: London to Madrid for £60 !!! - 10/20/01 11:50 AM

Antonio

I know, I know, I know! I've been looking into it, but they only fly from London and the additional expense of us driving/parking, bussing or going by rail there, offsets the financial advantage.

Don't worry, I will be sitting infront of my computer for the very minute the easyJet (from Liverpool) seats go on sale (some time in December), to try to repeat last years success (£70 return in mid August).

Keep those tips coming everyone, but don't let too many people in on the secret!
laugh laugh laugh

Jo

[ 10-20-2001: Message edited by: Jo-Anne ]
Posted by: SuePycroft

Re: London to Madrid for £60 !!! - 10/22/01 09:21 AM

Hey you guys, if you think that is cheap, I got my flights with Easyjet from Liverpool to Barcelona for £35 return. this is going in December.!!!!!!!
Posted by: sstackho

Re: London to Madrid for £60 !!! - 10/22/01 10:04 AM

WOW! Good on ya!!

By the way, through the BA promotion, you can save £5 if you receive an e-ticket (thus my £60 fare). It's almost too bad I don't have a kid, if they get to go free! (no God, I did not say that - please, no kids just yet wink )

In London, I find flying the cheapie airlines too frustrating as Luton and Stansted are soooooo far away for me. The perils of living in a big city, I suppose.

However, in a few weeks I will have bigger perils - I return to Canada and Europe will be so far away! frown But then again, I will be home again! laugh

Thanks,
Shawn