Madrid airport to Toledo

Posted by: CathyM

Madrid airport to Toledo - 08/20/01 10:12 PM

I will be arriving in Madrid with a girlfriend on Friday morning, September 28th. We are immediately going to spend to evenings in Toledo.

How should we get to Toledo?
1) negotiate a taxi to go directly to Toledo hotel from Madrid airport
2) taxi from airport to Atocha station; train to Toledo; taxi from Toledo train station to hotel
3) taxi from airport to bus terminal; bus to Toledo; taxi from Toledo bus terminal to hotel

I know the taxi is not the most inexpensive method but if it is not TOO expensive I may consider it for the convenience after a very long flight. wink
Posted by: la maestra

Re: Madrid airport to Toledo - 08/20/01 11:48 PM

I'd suggest option 2 or 3. A taxi to Toledo would cost at least a lung...perhaps a lung and a kidney! The driver would be justified in asking for the fare back to Madrid IF you could find a driver to take you to Toledo!

I prefer the bus to the train for short distances like this. The hours are very flexible, the trip is usually shorter, and the seats are usually comfy enough for you to doze if you really wanted to en route. Toledo is small enough so that a taxi won't cost much.
Posted by: Eddie

Re: Madrid airport to Toledo - 08/21/01 05:37 AM

You might take a taxi to Estación Sur de Autobus (On 2 June that trip cost ESP 3.000 for 2-people with luggage); and a bus to Toledo. At that time of year they may allow you an early check-in at your hotel so you can 'crash' for a couple of hours. rolleyes
Posted by: aerocity

Re: Madrid airport to Toledo - 08/21/01 06:16 AM

Hi CathyM!
A taxi or private car ride from the airport to Toledo would be the most convenient way and should cost you about 25.000 pesetas or 140 USD. It would take about 1 hour drive door to door. If you decide to take a taxi right at the airport without any reservation, be sure to negotiate the price in advance, in order to avoid last minute surprises!
Other options would take longer and more complex, but would cost you half this price.
Have a nice trip!
Posted by: CathyM

Re: Madrid airport to Toledo - 08/22/01 09:09 PM

Thanks everyone. I'm so glad I stumbled on to this board. Everyone is so informative and very little sarcasm, bad language, etc...

I've decided to take the aerocity van to either Atocha and take the train or the bus station to take the bus - it's a toss up for me at this point!