Madrid Airport to Piramides

Posted by: arthurg

Madrid Airport to Piramides - 07/11/12 10:10 PM

I am staying at the Holiday Inn Piramides beginning August 31. (Paseo de la Acacias 40). The hotel has already told me that there is a Metro stop right near them with an elevator to the street. But still my bag will be a little heavy and awkward for an older guy like me. Is there a bus that I could take from the airport which would drop me off reasonably close to the hotel? Thanks.
Posted by: pedmar

Re: Madrid Airport to Piramides - 07/12/12 04:41 PM

the metro even changing takes less time than a bus
you can get to nuevos ministerios and take the Cercania train to Atocha Acacia is not far, take a taxi should be about 10 euros;
you can also take the new express bus from the airport for Five euros to Atocha too

www.emtmadrid.es
for buses
and
www.metromadrid.es
for metro :subway info

hope it helps
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Madrid Airport to Piramides - 07/13/12 05:41 AM

As you can see in the image, the metro station - with its visible elevator - is located not 25 feel from the Hotel Holiday Inn Piramides's door. They also have escalators entering/leaving that metro station.

Still, if you have problems maneuvering the luggage you might seriously consider taking a taxi instead. If you take the metro, you'll have to change lines several times and I can't guarantee there'll be elevators in each change-station. And sometimes, even if there are escalators, you might still have to pull-up/pull-down luggage a dozen steps or so.

Regarding taking buses. You can get the Madrid Airport Express Shuttle Bus from Barajas to the Atocha Train station (but only as far as the Plaza de la Cibeles on weekends). From there, you'll have to pull your luggage to the OTHER side of Atocha train station to get the bus number 34 in direction GENERAL FANJUL and this bus stops right outside your hotel along the way.

OR, you could always do half-and-half and take the 5 EURO express bus from Barajas to Atocha. THEN then get a taxi. The taxi from Atocha to your hotel will be about 5 Euros plus a supplement for getting the taxi at the train station. http://www.worldtaximeter.com/madrid .

A taxi from Madrid Barajas Airport to your hotel would cost about 30-35 Euros. So you'd save a bit going half-and-half, but take a little longer, too.

Saludos, MadridMan

Re: Madrid Airport to Piramides - 07/13/12 10:07 AM

well they can take the express bus and taxi combi, but if it was me i take the taxi all the way as the bag is a little heavy ::)

Re: Madrid Airport to Piramides - 07/13/12 08:38 PM

pedmar, I think we agree on that. thumbsup

Re: Madrid Airport to Piramides - 07/14/12 08:54 AM

glad we do ::)

Re: Madrid Airport to Piramides - 07/24/12 09:53 PM

Thank you so much for your advice. It is really helpful.

Re: Madrid Airport to Piramides - 07/26/12 05:07 AM

Happy to help, arthurg! Have a good visit to Madrid! wavey

Saludos, MadridMan

Re: Madrid Airport to Piramides - 08/27/12 11:38 AM

The hotel has told me that I can take the cercanias train Line C1 from T4 to the Piramides station and that it's on the same line. Does that mean I could ride the train without having to change? If so, that would be wonderful. Thanks.
Posted by: jazz

Re: Madrid Airport to Piramides - 08/27/12 02:50 PM

It's correct. They leave every half hour,but be careful! isn't the metro train

Re: Madrid Airport to Piramides - 08/28/12 02:28 PM

yes true,but not bad a ride either lol!!

Re: Madrid Airport to Piramides - 09/18/12 09:40 PM

I'm now back in New York City. In Madrid, I rode the new C1 Cercanias line both ways between T4 at the airport and Piramides. It was wonderful and cost only 2.40 Euros each way.

Re: Madrid Airport to Piramides - 09/19/12 06:41 AM

Thanks for the follow-up, arthurg!! That's what we like around here. thumbsup Hope you had a good trip!

Saludos, MadridMan

Re: Madrid Airport to Piramides - 09/22/12 06:26 PM

glad it work out I just came back yesterday but was taken for a car ride both ways lol!!!