Yawwnn.. Is school "OUT"? YES! Welcome "World Travel Forum"!

Posted by: MadridMan

Yawwnn.. Is school "OUT"? YES! Welcome "World Travel Forum"! - 02/02/05 05:35 AM

Due to lack of activity, I'm thinking of changing "TeacherTalk" to some other non-Spain-related forum. Have any suggestions?

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: gazpacho

Re: Yawwnn.. Is school "OUT"? YES! Welcome "World Travel Forum"! - 02/02/05 09:30 AM

MadridMan,

How bout a Spanish Wine forum? hic..

Re: Yawwnn.. Is school "OUT"? YES! Welcome "World Travel Forum"! - 02/02/05 09:53 AM

That's not a bad idea but Spanish wine-related discussions would go in the "Food, Drink, & Entertainment" forum.
Posted by: Sheryl

Re: Yawwnn.. Is school "OUT"? YES! Welcome "World Travel Forum"! - 02/02/05 01:22 PM

How about Spanish "pop-culture"?

Sheryl

Re: Yawwnn.. Is school "OUT"? YES! Welcome "World Travel Forum"! - 02/02/05 02:36 PM

Nah. "Spanish Pop Culture" would go in the "About Spain" forum. I'm looking for something to replace this one in the Non-Spain section of the message board. We already have a Non-Spain Discussion forum so maybe that's all we need. Maybe I'll just simply remove the Teacher Talk or make a "Message Board Announcements" forum for notices - one which no one will read, probably. hehehe.. We'll see.

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: meencantaespana

Re: Yawwnn.. Is school "OUT"? YES! Welcome "World Travel Forum"! - 02/02/05 06:45 PM

How about Spanish help? Like help with things like vocabulary, grammar?
Posted by: Jo-Anne

Re: Yawwnn.. Is school "OUT"? YES! Welcome "World Travel Forum"! - 02/02/05 07:06 PM

Pim's wedding list? wink laugh wink

Just so we don't duplicate anything when the time comes cool wink :p

Re: Yawwnn.. Is school "OUT"? YES! Welcome "World Travel Forum"! - 02/02/05 08:12 PM

Quote:
How about Spanish help? Like help with things like vocabulary, grammar?
That would be placed in the existing "Studying in Spain, Education, & Language" forum. But thanks for the suggestion!
Posted by: miche_dup1

Re: Yawwnn.. Is school "OUT"? YES! Welcome "World Travel Forum"! - 02/03/05 11:10 AM

Wait Wait Wait,
Pim's getting married?! wow weeee
congratulations:D
Posted by: pim

Re: Yawwnn.. Is school "OUT"? YES! Welcome "World Travel Forum"! - 02/03/05 11:44 AM

eek ?!!!!!, Jo-Anne?????!

I am not getting married (unless in Belgium you get a month holiday or something :p ), but if I ever do, this is how it all started:

http://www.madridman.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=19;t=000587

laugh

Sorry Mman, totally off-topic, but it's not my fault! :o
Posted by: pim

Re: Yawwnn.. Is school "OUT"? YES! Welcome "World Travel Forum"! - 02/03/05 12:10 PM

Guess some Madridmanners would be keen to have a "Madrid gossip column" thread.... rolleyes
Posted by: miche_dup1

Re: Yawwnn.. Is school "OUT"? YES! Welcome "World Travel Forum"! - 02/03/05 12:56 PM

ohhh, shucks, lol
Sorry Pim.

Re: Yawwnn.. Is school "OUT"? YES! Welcome "World Travel Forum"! - 02/03/05 07:20 PM

My fault ... I thought everyone would have noticed my wink :p etc faces.

And pim .. yeeeees a gossip column .. that would be cool cool

Soz pim :o
Posted by: desert dweller

Re: Yawwnn.. Is school "OUT"? YES! Welcome "World Travel Forum"! - 02/04/05 01:48 AM

MM: Change it to the GWB column, anything to do with him always get lots of posts, both pro and con. Then forbid anything to be said about him other than on this post. That should crank up the number of hits you get each day, from around the world. smile cool wink

Re: Yawwnn.. Is school "OUT"? YES! Welcome "World Travel Forum"! - 02/04/05 05:46 AM

I'm sure you're right, desert dweller, but that kind of 'hot traffic' would likely melt-down the server like a nucular bomb. laugh
Posted by: El Boqueron

Re: Yawwnn.. Is school "OUT"? YES! Welcome "World Travel Forum"! - 02/04/05 06:47 AM

How about an "other places" (than Spain) forum. Some of the people on this board seem to travel a lot, apart from Spain. They could tell us all about it, and people could ask questions about other places.
Posted by: deibid

Re: Yawwnn.. Is school "OUT"? YES! Welcome "World Travel Forum"! - 02/04/05 07:40 AM

Trip journals? now that MM has decided to stop relating us his wonderful adventures (yum, yum), I'd suggest to open this forum so anyone could relate us their Spain experiences.
It would be hard to post, a journal is suposed to be detailed, but I would love it!
Posted by: aidance

Re: Yawwnn.. Is school "OUT"? YES! Welcome "World Travel Forum"! - 02/04/05 08:54 AM

The "other places" category is a great idea. I'll bet that would be very popular.
Posted by: Diana

Re: Yawwnn.. Is school "OUT"? YES! Welcome "World Travel Forum"! - 02/04/05 09:49 AM

I like the other places idea, too.
Posted by: The_Keeper_at_Home

Re: Yawwnn.. Is school "OUT"? YES! Welcome "World Travel Forum"! - 02/04/05 09:56 AM

Mmmm... Other places... it will give us somewhere to post whilst exiled in Brussels.

PIM'S GETTING MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!

wink LOL. That's what you get when you listen to a Yorkshire lass.

Re: Yawwnn.. Is school "OUT"? YES! Welcome "World Travel Forum"! - 02/04/05 10:22 AM

Hmm.. "Other Places".. I guess that would be more specific than the exisiting "Non-Spain Discussion" forum. That's one consideration. Any more?
Posted by: Nana_BKK

Re: Yawwnn.. Is school "OUT"? YES! Welcome "World Travel Forum"! - 02/04/05 10:23 AM

Cool. Then, I can contribute sth in "other places". Cause I'm Thai, who now working in China, and plan to go to Spain soon.

Re: Yawwnn.. Is school "OUT"? YES! Welcome "World Travel Forum"! - 02/04/05 10:58 AM

Baaaaaa

Who'd want to marry a Leeds United supporter anyway TKAH? :p

"Other places" is a great idea.

Where shall I go? ..... cool

Jo
Posted by: The_Keeper_at_Home

Re: Yawwnn.. Is school "OUT"? YES! Welcome "World Travel Forum"! - 02/04/05 04:49 PM

eek :o eek :o eek
Leeds.... God's own country and the Heart of England.
wink

Where should you go?.... Anywhere but Manchester I guess.

:p

Re: Yawwnn.. Is school "OUT"? YES! Welcome "World Travel Forum"! - 02/04/05 05:18 PM

Keeper

Leeds is cool I have to admit cool And Alan Smith was 'interesting' before he transferred to Man U.

I've been to Manchester a couple of times recently, and I really like it :p :p

I lived in Leeds once you know cool .... still wouldn't marry anyone from there though eek

Sorry, MM, yes .. still think 'Other Places' is a good idea wink

Jo
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Yawwnn.. Is school "OUT"? YES! Welcome "World Travel Forum"! - 02/05/05 08:41 PM

COUGH*Leeds is cool*COUGH
Mmmmm.Erm NO! wink
Liverpool praps-Not LEEDS Jo rolleyes
Posted by: Booklady

Re: Yawwnn.. Is school "OUT"? YES! Welcome "World Travel Forum"! - 02/06/05 10:38 AM

Well, if the Educator forum must die, frown ; then a
World travel forum would be nice.

I'd love to see a thread of "Webcams of the best beaches in the world," or "Best Places to shop around the world." laugh

Re: Yawwnn.. Is school "OUT"? YES! Welcome "World Travel Forum"! - 02/06/05 11:55 AM

I kinda like Booklady's idea of an international forum of different beaches and shopping districts. However it might not only be beach resorts. Now granted the desert southwest of these United States have some of the finest beaches in the world, they are just a little dry. A perfect example is that beutiful white sandy beach in New Mexico, more commonly known as White Sands National Monument. White as snow that beach is, and even at high tide one need not worry about drowning.

Then for some of the finest shopping districts I have seen, that distinction would go out to a shopping district in the town of Porto Penasco, Mexico. Known to us Gringos as Rocky Point, that fine little town also has some wonderful beaches and the water is provide via the Sea of Cortez to the Mexicans. Us Gringos call it the Gulf of California. The water is clean and clear the main trash on the beache is natural and an occasion Budwiser can or bottle. Guess who left that. frown

I think MM, that is one of the best ideas that have been presented so far. An all inclusive travel forum, great idea Booklady. smile smile

Re: Yawwnn.. Is school "OUT"? YES! Welcome "World Travel Forum"! - 02/06/05 05:56 PM

Thank you DessertDewler, But I can't take credit, I believe someone else mentioned a general travel forum. I just suggested travel ideas for threads in such a forum. I would love to see a thread "Life in the Deserts of the world."

Re: Yawwnn.. Is school "OUT"? YES! Welcome "World Travel Forum"! - 02/06/05 08:54 PM

TAA DAAAA!!! And the "World Travel Forum" was born. I'll bet THIS gets more traffic than the "TeacherTalk" forum, unfortunately. Oh well. World Travel is something to which EVERYONE can contribute so that's cool. cool Enjoy!

Saludos, MadridMan

Re: Yawwnn.. Is school "OUT"? YES! Welcome "World Travel Forum"! - 02/06/05 11:11 PM

Booklady: I am surprised to find out that a lady from Florida where NASCAR thrives would be interested in the desert. After all you get seven inches of rain per week in Florida we get seven inches per year.I have many digital photos of the desert SW and I will clear them through MM before posting. All of the ones that I have from the middle east are on slides and I would not have the foggiest how to post them. cool

Re: Yawwnn.. Is school "OUT"? YES! Welcome "World Travel Forum"! - 02/07/05 11:38 AM

DD, as it happened I was in Daytona last Saturday afternoon, and happened to have a café at the Barnes& Noble right across from the Raceway, you could hear the cars and the crowd! This was the big weekend, and traffic was heavy. Maybe I'll do a travel write up on Daytona Beach! laugh Not much of a Beach for bathing, I preer South florida beaches, but it is a fun place.

No, I have never been to a desert and I am insatiably curious as to what it is like to live in or near one.
Posted by: Puna

Re: Yawwnn.. Is school "OUT"? YES! Welcome "World Travel Forum"! - 02/07/05 03:18 PM

A week later, smiley faces - and I still fell for it. :o

My first thought was "pim's getting married?" - and then I remembered you guys all spent a week or so in London a while back .... and who knows what might have come frm that .... laugh

Then I figured pim getting married was a great excuse for Jo and Miche to head back to Madrid ....