Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Posted by: Bill from NYC

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! - 11/22/05 02:11 PM

The subject says it all. laugh

I forget to add, for Thanksgiving dinner, this year, I suppling the wine for the family dinner.

When I came back from Spain in October of this year, I brought back a few bottles of Rioja Wine for a special Thanksgiving dinner. Faustino I Gran Reserva 1995, recommended by my friends in Madrid. I hope they enjoy it! smile

Bill
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! - 11/22/05 05:19 PM

And also to you, Bill from NYC, and all United Statesen abroad!! Hope your holiday is filled with family, a warm house, good food & drink, and wonderful new memories.

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: Booklady

Re: Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! - 11/22/05 10:42 PM

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Feliz dia de Dar Gracias! smile
Posted by: Pia

Re: Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! - 11/23/05 02:08 PM

Is today or tomorrow the real day? It's a really nice tradition, I've only celebrated it for a couple of years now through my boyfriend's family, but here it's obviously not a national holiday so the American community celebrate it on Sunday instead. But happy thanksgiving!
Posted by: jabch

Re: Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! - 11/23/05 05:45 PM

Pia: Thanksgiving is celebrated every year in the U.S. on the forth Thursday of November. So the "official" day is Thursday. However, in Canada I think it is celebrated on a different day.

By the way, I always say in Spanish "Dia de Accion de Gracias", but a lot of people, like Booklady, say "Dia de Dar Gracias" which is probably more acurate. Anyway, what is the proper Spanish translation for Thanksgiving?

Re: Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! - 11/24/05 09:48 AM

Happy Thanksgiving, to all United Statesens!! smile I'm leaving now to join family and will drive almost 2 hours with these snow flurries. Enjoy!

MadridMan's Football Bets: Altanta Falcons over Detroit Tigers and Dallas Cowboys over Denver Broncos. Now, let's see...

Saludos, MadridMan

P.S. to Men: GET OUT THERE AND HELP COOK/CLEAN UP!!
Posted by: Murdy

Re: Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! - 11/24/05 02:59 PM

Same here from Murdy. I hope you all have a great day wherever you may be.

Un abrazo
Posted by: Alando

Re: Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! - 11/25/05 05:31 AM

MM,

I think you mean Detroit Lions, si? wink

I thought living in Japan I might miss football, but I really only miss the ESPN NFL Primetime show. Haha..
Posted by: gazpacho

Re: Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! - 11/25/05 02:51 PM

A late Happy Thanksgiving to all,

Alando, I can understand where the MadridMan might have confused the Detroit Tigers with the Detroit Lions. They both are equally good football players. smile

Re: Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! - 11/27/05 12:42 PM

DOH! Sheeesh! Yeah. Sorry about that. The Detroit Tigers baseball team was MY team when I was a kid.

Anyway, Dallas BARELY lost frown and the Atlanta Falcons (or are they the Atlanta Braves?? wink ) won on Thanksgiving Day. I didn't get get to watch much of either game as I was talking and catching up with family and had a wonderful two days. This annual Thankgiving day reunion on my father's side is my favorite time of the year. smile

For the evening meal we had more turkey, etcetera, and it was just as delicious the second time around. laugh

Hope you all had a nice Thankgiving too!

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: Booklady

Re: Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! - 11/28/05 12:03 AM

FSU Seminoles lost to UF's Gators 34 to 7! eek That's really sad for Bobby Bowden and the Noles!
frown
Posted by: fulano

Re: Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! - 11/28/05 07:03 PM

The mighty USC "Trojans" still #1 as of this AM and didn't even have to play last weekend! Now thats "mighty"!!
Hey that sounds like a "Henny Youngman" joke.
Dr Shapiro, wonderful doctor, gave a man six months to live, he couldn't pay his bill, so he gave him six more months!
Posted by: Alando

Re: Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! - 11/29/05 04:55 AM

Are the Arizona Cardinals still in the playoff hunt? rolleyes haha....