Medical Assistance to Travelers

Posted by: Booklady

Medical Assistance to Travelers - 06/04/03 06:35 PM

I ran into a blurb on this month's issue of the Budget Traveler, which I thought might be useful to all foreign travelers. I remember reading several posts through the years asking for reputable English-speaking doctors.

There is an organization called IAMAT ( International Association for Medical Assistance to Travelers) which publishes a free 72 page directory of reputable , English-speaking doctors from all over the world who can understand you as you explain your malady.
You can find more information about getting an IAMAT booklet at at their IAMAT website . The booklet is free, however, a tax-deductible contribution is happily accepted, this helps defray costs of printing and postage. smile
Posted by: ChrisR

Re: Medical Assistance to Travelers - 06/05/03 03:14 PM

Another source of English speaking doctors is the list kept by U.S. consular offices overseas. Embassy websites are available from usembassy.state.gov, but most do not have the lists online.

OH WOW, IT'S TRUE!!!! 35 posts do make you a full member, breakout the champagne (or other sparkling beverage of preferance)!