homestay information for madrid?

Posted by: windcheater

homestay information for madrid? - 02/04/02 07:18 AM

me and my wife will be coming to madrid around april 7th...does anyone know where i could find information about host families willing to take people for a month? or failing that anyone know of anywhere we can stay for around a month at that time?

cheers

alex
Posted by: pim

Re: homestay information for madrid? - 02/04/02 09:33 AM

In my humble opinion, temporary host-families for adults it's an unheard of concept, at least here in Spain; and forgetting the language learning or some sort of course taking involved.

I'd recommend you go to an 'aparthotel' which mixes the services of a hotel(laundry, reception....) and the conforts of an apartment(your own kitchenette, and small living-room....)
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: homestay information for madrid? - 02/04/02 10:25 AM

I'm with pim. I've never heard of it either outside of those for students and even those are hard to find if you're not associated with some school/academy.

As pim suggested, you might try an Aparthotel (these can be expensive though, per night) and many have been listed here in this forum (use the SEARCH link to find them).

"APART" wink from those, you could try the "apartment" of Hostal Dulcinea in the Huertas district. I recall JoeSambuca stayed there a number of days while he and friends were in Madrid around Christmas and loved it. He wrote up his recommendation in this forum too.

There's also the possibility of the somewhat pricey B & Bs of Madrid (also almost an unheard of concept in Spain) @ www.MadridBandB.com . I don't know anyone who has stayed at one though. Good luck!

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: windcheater

Re: homestay information for madrid? - 02/06/02 08:20 AM

thanks for your efforts

alex