Malaga/Torremolinos Hotels (Flamingo Hotel)

Posted by: zero262quick

Malaga/Torremolinos Hotels (Flamingo Hotel) - 01/26/02 03:16 PM

Hi everyone,

I am looking to travel to Torremolinos for 6 days in June and I would like to make reservations at the Hotel Flamingo (this link takes you to the main site, once there you can find the Flamingo Hotel link at the bottom of the page).

I have stayed at this hotel before and it is very nice. However, despite repeated attemps to make reservations, I have had no luck. The reservation form on their website is extremely outdated (the booking dates are 5 years old! eek ). I tried using other booking sites such as TravelNow.com/FASTnet and GoCostadelSol.com. I am planning on staying there from June 23 through June 28. When I select these dates it says there are no available rooms. Could they have all filled up? Or is it an error - because on every other hotel search in Torremolinos for those dates came up saying that there were no available rooms.

Has anyone stayed at the Flamingo Hotel before? I was thinking of calling them, but my fear that they won't speak English keeps me from doing it frown .

Or does anyone know of any good hotels in this area that I could stay at?

Thanks
Ben
pbchamp@intercom.net

[ 02-03-2002: Message edited by: zero262quick ]

Re: Malaga/Torremolinos Hotels (Flamingo Hotel) - 02/03/02 11:05 AM

Anyone? I posted this a week ago and not one reply frown frown

Surely someone out there has been to Torremolinos.

Ben
pbchamp@intercom.net
Posted by: Tia

Re: Malaga/Torremolinos Hotels (Flamingo Hotel) - 02/03/02 11:39 AM

Sorry, Ben, never been there!

Canīt anyone help this guy? He seems desperate. wink

[ 02-03-2002: Message edited by: Tia ]

Re: Malaga/Torremolinos Hotels (Flamingo Hotel) - 02/03/02 12:24 PM

Tia,

I'm not despearate laugh I do need an answer to this question, though, and I figured the post may have slipped through the cracks eek

Usually after a week, there is at least one reply to every post, so thanks for being that one reply laugh

Ben
pbchamp@intercom.net
Posted by: Guapetona

Re: Malaga/Torremolinos Hotels (Flamingo Hotel) - 02/03/02 03:57 PM

Maybe you should try emailing them at flamingo@roc-hotels.com
Good Luck! :p

[ 02-03-2002: Message edited by: Guapetona ]

Re: Malaga/Torremolinos Hotels (Flamingo Hotel) - 02/03/02 04:11 PM

Guapetona,

I tried that many times, but with no luck. I think I'll just give them a call and see what happens.
Thanks!

Ben
pbchamp@intercom.net
Posted by: Puna

Re: Malaga/Torremolinos Hotels (Flamingo Hotel) - 02/04/02 11:53 AM

Try faxing as an alternative ....
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Malaga/Torremolinos Hotels (Flamingo Hotel) - 02/04/02 12:20 PM

I have heard/read that hostels actually prefer receiving fax reservation requests rather than emails. If they prefer to fax reservation requests, do they, in turn, FAX the sender of the fax a FAX confirmation. I can't imagine hostels wanting to pay international phone rates to fax a reply to the request. And (on and on... rolleyes ) MOST of the senders of those faxes are probably doing so from their home computers and they aren't typically equipped to RECEIVE faxes unless they're setup up and "ready" at all times. Antonio, can you enlighten us on this topic?

zero262quick, you may just have to phone them and ask. If you have a friend who speaks some Spanish ask him/her to make the phone call at your expense. That is, of course, if you're not confident with your own Spanish (sorry, I don't recall if you speak Spanish or not). I'm not really sure what else you can do. Good luck!

Saludos, MadridMan

[ 02-04-2002: Message edited by: Antonio ]
Posted by: Antonio

Re: Malaga/Torremolinos Hotels (Flamingo Hotel) - 02/04/02 01:58 PM

I would say phone bookings is the preferred method. It's fast, you get inmediate confirmation and all possible doubts are solved.

I don't think hostels prefer fax rathen tan e-mails. As you said, international faxes are very expensive.

Re: Malaga/Torremolinos Hotels (Flamingo Hotel) - 02/04/02 03:26 PM

Thanks everyone!

I will probably go ahead and call them, I remember when I was there the people at the desk seemed to understand english. But still, I was not excited about calling. I think that is the best way, as all electronic communication does not seem to be working. I will report back when I have more information.
Ben
pbchamp@intercom.net
Posted by: jllawson

Re: Malaga/Torremolinos Hotels (Flamingo Hotel) - 02/04/02 06:32 PM

During the christmas holidays I stayed at the Pozo Hotel in Torremolinos... cheap($32/night) clean has a bar on the first floor short hike to beach...two blocks to clubs/food/shopping....very nice people.. english speaking staff...