Barcelona Recommendations?

Posted by: Zippy

Barcelona Recommendations? - 01/21/02 04:59 PM

Is it me, or is there a comparatively huge lack of Barcelona accommodation webpages compared to Madrid? MadridMan, when shall you have a brother site for Barcelona? laugh

Anyone have comments on specific places to stay in Barcelona? We don't want to spend more than 50 Euros, and we are really hoping for airconditioning and a place to park.... dream on?
webpage links appreciated, thanks!
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Barcelona Recommendations? - 01/21/02 06:02 PM

Hi Zippy! I know what you mean, there are VERY few PERSONAL websites about Barcelona. I wonder why?! REALLY!? Barcelona is SUCH an incredible city. In fact, I think we need MORE discussion here about Barcelona, Sevilla, and the rest of best of Spain on this message board. It's SO lopsidedly MADRID-focused.

You can forget the SEARCH link right now. It doesn't work for some $#^&%@? reason. ARGH! mad but if you expand the list of threads to "Show all topics" you'll see the headings for a number of Barcelona-related threads on lodgings there. I recall one of our members recently, in the last month maybe, listed MANY links to Barcelona lodgings and hostels. Check them out! Good luck.

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: rgf

Re: Barcelona Recommendations? - 01/21/02 06:49 PM

Just back from Barcelona. We used bancotel coupons and stayed at the very upscale Le Meridien , right off La Rambla. Sorry anchovy front: I'm one of those who benefitted from your advice! We upgraded to a suite for 45 more euros a night and lived like royalty. Bancotel is the way to go when you can!

[ 01-21-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Barcelona Recommendations? - 01/21/02 09:21 PM

My ladyfriend and I stayed at the EuroPark hotel in Barcelona in 1998 during Semana Santa and liked it just fine. It had two elevators and a parking garage in the adjoining structure. The room was clean and big. I just looked now and saw that it was NOT in the list of hotels covered by the Bancotel coupons. Too bad. frown

Have a great time in Barcelona! Saludos, MadridMan