Hostal Dulcinea (Madrid)

Posted by: JoeSambuca

Hostal Dulcinea (Madrid) - 01/06/02 06:05 PM

Hi,
Just arrived back from Madrid on a most wonderful trip. I met so many wonderful people including people on this forum. Can't wait to go back.
For those who are looking for a great place to stay I recommend the Hostal Dulcinea.
You have two options, a single room or an apartment. I stayed in an apartment and my friend Ann stayed in a single room. The staff (Jose, his wife Maria, and their son fernando) are excellent. They were accomadating and very helful. They spoke little English but communicating wasn't a problem at all.
The single rooms are functional. Plenty of heat,hot water, towels,soap and toilet paper and the rooms are private.
The apartments are just great especially for the price. We paid $50.00 a night ($25.00 each. A real bargin. We had a little eating area, couch and Tv, and a place to cook with a refrigerator (which i used for water and juice much needed for the Madrid hangover). For the money it was probably the best place I stayed in Europe.
Its centrally located to bars and practically across the street from the Prado and other historical parts.
I would book ahead (at least 2 months)and for the extra money($15 a day) its worth getting an apartment. If any one has a question please feel free to e-mail me but you can see pictures @ http://www.hostaldulcinea.com .
I'll be back there hopefully in May.
RC

[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]
Posted by: kl

Re: Hostal Dulcinea (Madrid) - 01/08/02 01:48 PM

We also just got back from a wonderful stay at one of Jose & Maria's apartments. Brand new fixtures and appliances, ultra clean and a washing machine! Excellent location and great hosts. Just $50 US a night. Heaven.

Joe, was that you we heard jumping on the bed? kl

[ 01-08-2002: Message edited by: kl ]
Posted by: JoeSambuca

Re: Hostal Dulcinea (Madrid) - 01/08/02 11:00 PM

LOL,
I wish! I never made it to the bed. I kept passing out near the kichen. They sure know how to Party in Madrid!!!!