hostal in Leon?

Posted by: aidance

hostal in Leon? - 03/19/01 11:03 PM

Does anyone know of a good hostal or pension in Leon? We would like to stay there on our way from Madrid to Santiago de Compostela, in July. We are a family of four and usually take two double rooms. thanks!
Posted by: CaliBasco

Re: hostal in Leon? - 05/22/02 04:08 PM

Now that you've been back from your trip for almost a year, I thought I'd reply to your post, aidance:

We stayed a night in the Hotel Quindos in León ( www.hotelquindos.com ) It's a three-star located about a block from the Hostal San Marcos, on c/Gran Vía de San Marcos 38.

We were pleased with the amenities of the hotel, although the building was older. The staff was very helpful, the restaurant (Idiomas) was nice, and the food was good. Our double room had two things we hadn't seen yet, a separate sitting area, and a wall fan that worked on a remote. The bathroom was large, and although the entire bedroom was a bit odd-shaped, it added to the quirky-IKEA feel of the hotel.

We liked it a lot, and for as dirty as León as a city is, we liked the location and touch of this hotel. I recommend it.