Madrid: apartasol apartment rentals?

Posted by: karenr

Madrid: apartasol apartment rentals? - 12/09/08 08:29 PM

I'm thinking about renting an apartment for my family (5 people) in Madrid for 3 nights. Does anyone have any experience with Apartasol apartments? They're in the Sol/Callao/Gran Via area. Has anyone had a positive experience with other apartment rentals? Thank you!
Posted by: esperanza

Re: Madrid: apartasol apartment rentals? - 12/10/08 11:17 AM

We recently were in Madrid and we stayed at the Apartments apart which was very good. We were 4 people and we stayed in the 2 bedroom apt. on Calle Apodaca, 5. Apt. Fuencarral C) It was very clean, very quiet and very centrally located. It is around the corner from one of my favorite cafes: El Café Comercial. We were very happy with the apartment. Have fun in Madrid!!
Posted by: Jim Costello

Re: Madrid: apartasol apartment rentals? - 12/10/08 06:18 PM

Hi

Hi Esperanza: Please tell me the location of El Cafe Comercial. How do you get to the cafe from Puerto del Sol. I am always looking for a good cafe when I visit Madrid.
Thank you,
Jim (New York City)
Posted by: esperanza

Re: Madrid: apartasol apartment rentals? - 12/10/08 07:18 PM

Cafe Comercial is on the Glorieta de Bilbao (take the metro to Bilbao station). From Puerta del Sol, take Gran Via to Fuencarral and walk up Fuencarral until you reach the Glorieta de Bilbao.
Jim, it is a great old Cafe!
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Madrid: apartasol apartment rentals? - 12/11/08 02:51 AM

Café Comercial is on Glorieta Bilbao, 7. Great, historic bar/café. That's where I saw Pedro Almodóvar over my left shoulder at the bar! (he leaned in to ask the bar tender if he could simply use the restroom - he did, and left)

Remember, you can SEE all these addresses in 360ş views via Google Maps Street View!

Saludos, MadridMan