Pamplona - Hostel/Hotel/Floor to sleep on needed!

Posted by: won23

Pamplona - Hostel/Hotel/Floor to sleep on needed! - 05/31/07 01:40 PM

I'm going to be in Pamplona for 2 nights sometime between July 5 - 11th. I don't have the exact dates yet. Anyway, I cannot find any place to stay online. All I keep finding is really expensive hotels that cost hundres of euros a night. I can't afford that.

So, I'm asking for your help. If you know of a hostel that has vacancy or if you know anyone who wouldn't mind renting a room, or a bed, or even the floor if they provide a sleeping bag, please let me know. I really want to experience running of the bulls and I don't want to miss it.

Thank you all ! xfingers
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Pamplona - Hostel/Hotel/Floor to sleep on needed! - 05/31/07 03:20 PM

First, Welcome to our ALL SPAIN Message Board, won23!

Oh Boy! Man-oh-man! It's always this time of year when thousands of frantic people begin desperately to find SOMEPLACE, ANYPLACE to sleep for San Fermines in Pamplona.

It's most likely totally, completely full by now except, maybe, the upper UPPER end lodgings - as you've found out. First, even the hostels are charging 100 Euros per night (or thereabouts) and the youth hostels nearly that much!

Does it have to be IN Pamplona? More and more people are staying at places 5, 10, 20, and 50 kilometers away from Pamplona because they are the only establishments which have some space left.

I just added one today to the "Hostels located CLOSE TO (but not in) Pamplona" category @ http://www.MadridMan.com/pamplona/pamplonahostels.html . They'd contacted me just yesterday to be listed so I'd imagine they might still have something left, they were about 8km away or 5-minutes by car. But, I realize, if you don't have a car - and I don't know if there's bus service (you'd have to ask them at the hostel) - it can be much more problematic.

Most people start making reservations soon after the previous San Fermines is completed.

As you've no doubt found out by now, you can always sleep on the ground in the park if you don't need to bathe, don't mind mosquitos, and don't mind the rain, and don't mind rolling over into someone else's vomit or urine while sleeping. BLAH!! :yuck:

To save time (but spend money) you might consider CALLING (use SKYPE for cheap calls to Spain) each of the establishments and asking directly. If you try emailing there's a good chance you won't get a reply because they're either too busy, booked, or are getting 100s of emails per day to answer. Best of luck!

Saludos, MadridMan