Class action settlement on credit card extra charges

Posted by: JA

Class action settlement on credit card extra charges - 03/05/07 06:08 PM

[MadridMan: I am temporarely placing this credit card info here as hotels charges are generally the largest expenditure on a vacation]

I have just received a notice from one of my credit card companies that a settlement is about to take place relating to the extra 3% that companies charge c/c holders for charges overseas. It affects Visa, MC, and DC.

You have to ask for a refund.

Instead of attempting to explain the settlement here, I suggest that you go to [www.ccfsettlement.com] to read about the whole thing and how it works.

The notification points out that the attorneys in the case will request "25.7% of the U$$318,000,00 expected to be left in the settlement fund..."

That is about 90 million.... Imagine how much the C/C's made out of that 3% charge.
Good luck,

JA

PS.-Who says that it does not pay to go to law school?
Posted by: JA

Re: Class action settlement on credit card extra charges - 03/05/07 06:11 PM

{I knew it did not look right: the word is temporarily]
Posted by: Mongo

Re: Class action settlement on credit card extra charges - 12/04/07 12:27 AM

I just received my claim form. There are three options: You can take a quick $25 if you have spent less than a week outside the US over the last ten years, OR you can estimate the total days over the last ten years, OR you can completely document your spending over the last ten years.

I was afraid the documentation would be too stringent to make a claim, but it looks good for me. I think some board members might be in for good news! Maybe we should have a party!
Posted by: admiral44

Re: Class action settlement on credit card extra charges - 12/21/07 06:06 PM

I've spent many days out of the country and have the documentation. That said, I'll believe it when I see the money. (Lawyers always get their cut first.)

Admiral44