Hostels in Cadiz

Posted by: shabba53

Hostels in Cadiz - 07/24/06 06:55 PM

Was wondering if anyone had the contact information for a few good hostels in Cadiz, close to the Old City. Looking online, I've only found a couple, and none really had any fotos to check out the quality.

Thanks!
Posted by: CathyM

Re: Hostels in Cadiz - 07/24/06 07:51 PM

I have visited Cadiz for Semana Santa the last 3 years. I love this city! laugh

The first year I stayed at the parador.
Cadiz Parador

It is nice, the food is great and it is right on the ocean with a pool and great views from the balcony. The only drawback is that it is a good 15 minute walk to the center of Cadiz.

Last year I stayed at a new hotel, Hotel las Cortes de Cadiz.
Las Cortes
I had seen it the year before as I was roaming around and it looked charming. I had a room that overlooked the street with a small balcony. It was a double for single use and was on the small side. The cost was similar to the parador. I would say the parador was fancier but the location couldn't be beat. By the way, I had read some reviews about the hotel and there were several negative posts regarding some rooms not having exterior windows. These rooms had a "window" that was basically above the room door. Not only was this claustrophic but they opened up to a main foyer. For this reason I specifically requested a room with an exterior window and preferably with a balcony. I saw the rooms at the hotel with the interior windows and I definately wouldn't want one of these.

More on the budget side is the Hotel Bahia.
Hotel Bahia

I've never stayed there but it is in a great location just off the main square. I took a look at the lobby this year and it seemed quite nice - definately more of a budget option than the first 2 but clean and comforable looking.

Re: Hostels in Cadiz - 07/25/06 05:51 AM

I'm specifically looking for hostels, but thanks for the info on the hotels! Bahia was one I was looking at earlier. Anyone else have any ideas?
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Hostels in Cadiz - 07/25/06 05:46 PM

There are about 2 hostels (called "hostales" in Spain/Spanish) and 1 youth hostel (called "albergues juveniles") in Cadiz CITY which have websites. You'll find links to them at http://www.SpainHostels.com/links/Andalucia/Cadiz/Cadiz/ but I haven't read any reviews of any of them yet.

Saludos, MadridMan

Re: Hostels in Cadiz - 07/26/06 08:19 AM

Thanks! Those are the ones I've run acrosss as well. The only one I've heard anything about is QuoQadis, but, unffortunately, their website isn't there anymore!

Back to my search!