Sevilla: Warning: Hotel Virgen de los Reyes

Posted by: La Profa

Sevilla: Warning: Hotel Virgen de los Reyes - 05/07/06 12:56 PM

I just wanted to warn everyone out there about Hotel Virgen de los Reyes in Sevilla. I went on a school trip to Spain with 30+ high school students and we stayed in the previously stated hotel one night. One of the teachers on the trip had her purse stolen at breakfast in the hotel dining room!!! eek This is a teacher who is extremely well traveled, and like the rest of us on the trip, she thought that she was safe in the hotel dining room (it was a small room and we were the only group in there). It was stolen right off the back of the chair while all of us were seated at the table eating. We think that the wait staff was in on it because one of our waiters slammed a glass of water down on the table, which we think was a distraction. mad

Afterwards we find out that this is not the first time this has happened in this hotel. Which left all of us wondering just exactly how many times this has happened to others. eek

Please be careful in Sevilla and don’t take any valuables with you to the dining room if you go to this hotel. Estos ladrones son profesionales!!! (These thieves are professionals) mad
Posted by: Yankaluz

Re: Sevilla: Warning: Hotel Virgen de los Reyes - 05/07/06 01:35 PM

Wow!!! I had Chocolate con churros right next door, to the attached cafeteria to the right of the Hotel just 2 weeks ago.

It used to be "THE PLACE" when I lived there (20 yrs ago) now the servings and service has gone down.

Our waiter, a middle aged man, knocked an empty bottle on our table and yelled at us "You should have moved to a bigger table!"

If you remember, they have 4 chairs to a table so naturally a party of 4 would sit??? ...on a table with 4 chairs???

Another embarrasing moment for me, a native, showing my US family, Spain for the first time.