Will be in Madrid on....

Posted by: France

Will be in Madrid on.... - 03/02/06 06:55 AM

Hey there!
My boyfriend and I will be in Madrid between May 12th and the 16th. Would you happen to have a nice, not too young hostel to recommend. We are close to our thirties and would not like to party all night.....Does someone have any personal suggestions? Also, if you guys would like to joing us for a flamenco show (my bf has never been to Spain, so this will surely get him excited!!), we wouldn't mind the company!
Posted by: Andrés

Re: Will be in Madrid on.... - 03/03/06 09:27 AM

Why don't you write to the Madrid hostel association?, I am sure they will give you priceless advice there:
http://www.aehcam.org/contacto.html
Posted by: France

Re: Will be in Madrid on.... - 03/03/06 09:38 AM

Gracias Andrés, busco sobre Internet cada día, pero soy confundida....Thanks for the link I will surely use it to guide me through this hostel world!
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Will be in Madrid on.... - 03/03/06 12:38 PM

While the above link does have a complete listing of hostels participating in the association, they don't lend much information other than provide links to the establishments of participating members of the association which have websites (you can find these and more on the Madrid Hostels page ).

You'll also find thousands of previously posted reviews and recommendations right here in this forum category. Use the SEARCH link located at the top/right of every page and, of course, indicate the city which you're searching and the type of lodging you prefer. Good luck and have fun!

Also, regarding the flamenco "shout out", feel free to post this "Call for a Flamenco Outing in Madrid!" in the "Classifieds & Personals" forum category. Be sure to include the city location in the subject line of your thread. I wouldn't mind getting in on that myself!

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: gazpacho

Re: Will be in Madrid on.... - 03/04/06 06:58 AM

France,

I was waiting for someone else to make a personal recommendation and usually, by now, someone on this board would have offered a couple. Since it's been almost four years since my last visit to Madrid, I consider my self ill-suited to the task, but here's my advice/opinion.

I'm not really for sure what you're requesting by a "nice, not too young" Hostel. Are you looking for a quiet place to stay? If that is it, you probably want to stay away from central Madrid, that is, around Puerta del Sol. I've stayed in two Hostels around the center and they were moderately noisy. Fortunately, even these weren't noisy every night, just the nights that I had to catch an early train. smile

As for the nice part, both Hostels I stayed in, Hostal Dulcinea , and Hostal Madrid , were very nice. Far from luxurious, they were clean, had single beds and a nice, if not large bathroom.

I hope this was helpful, and the MadridMan is right, there are hundreds of reviews on this board if you want to review them. smile
Posted by: fulano

Re: Will be in Madrid on.... - 03/05/06 05:03 PM

Just say the word and I'll be there! Be in Spain (Madrid) from April 27th to May 10,(Sevilla).
But if I may be so bold, I think all of us (especially from the USA) are due for a good time!
All the "mitote" (crap)!,and stress we've been subjected to has created a need for (As Madridman as described) a SHOUT!
I been feeling lately like I need to do like "Anthony Quinn" did in "Zorba the Greek". Do you guys remember the dance he did on the beach at the end of the movie?
I'd even have a drink with Gazpacho or DD, on me!