MAD/SEV: Hotel recommendations?

Posted by: monicasometimes

MAD/SEV: Hotel recommendations? - 12/31/05 10:28 AM

I'm looking for recommendations on hotel accomodations in Madrid as well as Seville. I'm interested in 3 or 4 star, kid friendly, with an indoor pool and centrally located to shopping, museums and restaraunts. Has anyone stayed in a really great place that they would recommend? TIA
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: MAD/SEV: Hotel recommendations? - 12/31/05 09:54 PM

Has anyone ever heard of a hotel with an indoor swimming pool in Madrid or Sevilla??? I don't think I have.

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: Booklady

Re: MAD/SEV: Hotel recommendations? - 12/31/05 10:51 PM

MadridMan, in Madrid there is the HUSA Princesa , a 5 star hotel has a beautiful indoor swimming pool. The Hotel provides you with these lovely Turkish towels & Robe just to use when you go to the swimming pool, which is very plush! The Princesa is within walking distance to the Royal Palace, the Plaza de España, and the Plaza Mayor.

I used the ww.bancotel.es hotel vouchers and stayed there New Year's Eve on 2001 and New year's day 2002! Right when the peseta changed to Euros!

It is truly one of the finest hotels I have stayed in, and would recommend it. They also have a Gym and the El Corte Ingles is on the hotel property! thumbsup
Posted by: monicasometimes

Re: MAD/SEV: Hotel recommendations? - 01/01/06 01:08 AM

Thank you Booklady! I found the website for the Husa Princesa and it looks lovely. The rates are quite reasonable too.
Posted by: meencantaespana

Re: MAD/SEV: Hotel recommendations? - 01/01/06 11:02 PM

In Madrid is the Principe Pio hotell which is decent for 3-4 stars...I stayed there and it was enjoyable...breakfast is also served and it appealed to my picky american mouth!
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: MAD/SEV: Hotel recommendations? - 01/02/06 03:51 AM

meencantaespana, does this Hotel Princípe Pío in Madrid have an indoor swimming pool and website?

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: meencantaespana

Re: MAD/SEV: Hotel recommendations? - 01/02/06 04:31 PM

oh darn..im not so sure i cannot remember because of how many hotels i stayed in but if u seach principe pio on yahoo there is a website with photos...also very close to shopping