Madrid: Caballero de Gracia Apartments?

Posted by: camacho

Madrid: Caballero de Gracia Apartments? - 11/29/05 04:51 PM

Those look nice on the web site and the location seems perfect? Anyone stayed at Caballero de Gracia Apartments ?

Thanks in davance!
Posted by: janel

Re: Madrid: Caballero de Gracia Apartments? - 12/01/05 03:51 PM

The area is fine, Its near a street where there are prostitutes hanging out but its not necessarily dangerous since its right in the center and lots of people are around all the time. There is also a couple of 4 star hotels nearby so you will see all kinds of people. Also there is a restaurant on that street called "La Gloria de la Montera" that is quite good with great prices. No reservations accepted though so get there early (before 10pm) on weekends.
Posted by: Rodolfo

Re: Madrid: Caballero de Gracia Apartments? - 09/23/08 04:09 PM

So has anyone stayed here?

This is one of the places we're looking into.

Looks cool.

Gracias
Posted by: steve robinson

Re: Madrid: Caballero de Gracia Apartments? - 09/24/08 09:25 AM

I've not stayed there but know the street well as it runs parallel to Gran Via and , in that respect , could not be more central . It's also not that noisy ( by Madrid standards ) .
I agree with janel about the prostitute situation . Caballero de Gracia , at one , Meets Calle Montera .. reknowned for being "prostitute alley" in Madrid . But the girls are there morning ,afternoon and night , and since a very modern Police station has recently opened up on Montera there's almost no worries about any danger . I've certainly never experienced it .
If you're a single male you're likely to be propositioned but not aggressively .
Madrid is a typical city where poor meets rich or prostitution meets the church within a couple of blocks of each other .. That's why it's so exciting to me , even after more than 3 years living here . Steve