Madrid short-term apartments

Posted by: carole-wis

Madrid short-term apartments - 11/28/05 05:00 PM

I am visiting Madrid in January for 5 days and am hoping to find an apartment instead of a hotel room. I've tried contacting many of the listings on this site , but don't seem to get any response: for example, I written twice (once in Spanish and once in English) to the contact link on the Huertas Apt. Prado that has been so hightly recommended here, and have gotten no response to either inquiry. I've also used the booking form for an apartment listed with Accomodations Rome also on this site to check availability and have gotten an automated response saying that I would have specific info in 24 hrs -- that was a week ago and I've gotten nothing. Anyone know what is up with these apartments? Is there some kind of inside trick to connecting with one of these?
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Madrid short-term apartments - 11/28/05 08:24 PM

Hi there! Are your hoped-for dates, by chance, in early January, possibly over Epiphany (January 6th)? If so, that could be the reason why you haven't heard from anyone - because they may be full already. Or, if these aren't your dates in Madrid, I have NO idea why you haven't heard from either of these. I do know that the El Prado Apartment in Huertas is owned/operated by a working couple and maybe it's already filled or they're on vacation or they forgot. Not sure. As for Accomodations Rome, I have no idea. I'd think they being an apartment management company you'd have a faster response - or at least SOME response. ODD.

But no, there's no inside track but some of these apartments are managed by individuals and not companies so their daily lives might be getting in the way of things.

Will you let us know who replied first and/or with which apartment you decided to reserve during your stay? We'd love to know. We'd also love to have your review of the place after your return. Thanks!

Saludos, MadridMan

Re: Madrid short-term apartments - 11/30/05 01:04 PM

Thanks for the info. I still have not heard anything from the apartment owners of the Huertas/Prado apt., or the accomdations roma people, but I've asked a friend in Madrid to follow-up for me. In the meantime, I found another site your readers might find useful- it lists dozens of apts. with lots of photos and seems to have a simple inquiry process. http://rentals.loquo.com/english
I've inquired about a number of apts. listed here and will be sure to let you know what the final results are.

Re: Madrid short-term apartments - 12/13/05 02:02 PM

Well, it was a bit of work on the Internet, but I think I've found a nice apartment for my visit Jan. 23-28. It's near the Palacio Real, and I've been told that it's recently renovated. The photos in their web site www.sweetholidaysmadrid.com look pretty good - click on their photo gallery, I'm booking the Clara Apart - and I had a friend of mine in Madrid stop by and he said it was nice. They were very prompt in repling to my inquiry and have been good so far with follow-up communication. I'll post here when I return as to whether reality lived up to perception. Thanks to everyone on this forum who contacted me privately with suggestions and comments -- it was a big help.
Posted by: GoMadrid

Re: Madrid short-term apartments - 12/16/05 01:31 PM

The apartment looks great. I cannot find any information about the price. Can you share that with us?

Thanks

Re: Madrid short-term apartments - 12/16/05 05:56 PM

see www.homelidays.com listing #66657 (do a search, at the bottom there is place for property reference number.) The listed price is €550/week but they are charging me a little less, I think because it will be just me and it's the off season.
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Madrid short-term apartments - 12/16/05 06:18 PM

I'd like to mention to everyone here that the El Prado Apartment in Huertas has recently changed their OFFICIAL website URL to http://www.telefonica.net/web2/madridrent/ . Tomorrow, I'll update that link on my Madrid Apartments page .

Maybe that's the reason why you never heard from then. On this new page they list a new email address.

Good luck on your search! Saludos, MadridMan

Re: Madrid short-term apartments - 01/31/06 07:16 PM

Well, I'm back from Madrid and as promised, here's my review of the Apartment Santa Clara . I guess the best thing is that there were no surprises - the apartment is exactly as in the pictures on their website , even down to the Spanish guitar in the salón; the price was exactly what I was quoted; the owner met me in the vestibule upon arrival and then never bothered me throughout my stay. The apartment was clean, warm (unusually cold in Madrid last week) comfortable and cheerful - everything seemed new and there was plenty of space. The location was absolutely outstanding -- just one block from the Opera metro station and the Royal Palace. I would stay there again without hesitation - so much nicer than the tiny hotel room I had the last time. (I also understand that the apartment immediately next to it in the same building is owned by the same family. It's a bit smaller I'm told - I did not see the inside - and they rent it out to visitors too, so if one is not available, I would ask about the other.)