Dirt cheap in Andalucia?

Posted by: neilbalk

Dirt cheap in Andalucia? - 11/08/05 02:09 AM

Hello... I'll be traveling in Andalucia for a month over Christmas. And I will be broke. Can anyone suggest any place to stay the night (Sevilla, Malaga, Cadiz, Cordoba, anywhere in between) that is really cheap. I am not picky when it comes to accomadations, so any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Neil
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Dirt cheap in Andalucia? - 11/08/05 05:57 AM

You might try the bedrooms (in family homes) at http://www.venamicasa.com - English version available. Some rooms are 10-16 Euros per night. Of your listed cities, they only have rooms in Seville (but also Valencia, Granada, Barcelona, & Madrid).

Good luck! Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: Greenshank

Re: Dirt cheap in Andalucia? - 11/19/05 10:54 AM

Hi, I'm also looking into accomodation in Córdoba and Málaga during that period.
If you want really cheap, youth hostels are a good option. (www.reaj.com)
However, in most but not all cities and towns I have found the cheapest places just by walking around and asking in pensions and hostales.
single rooms/ night (shared bathroom, no aircon etc) during peak season in July -August 2005:
Sevilla 13, Salobreña 12, Madrid 15 Euro et c.
If you want to book ahead via internet it's hard to find that kind of places.
I try to go to the tourist information to get a map/list with pensions and their rates.
Posted by: WillTravel

Re: Dirt cheap in Andalucia? - 02/27/06 05:28 PM

I'm responding rather late, but Greenshank, did you have to speak Spanish well to do that type of negotiation? Do you think those rates would be available other than in the summer?
Posted by: Greenshank

Re: Dirt cheap in Andalucia? - 03/17/06 12:43 PM

No, on the contrary.
Not much negotiation at all - sometimes the prices are set in stone, or at least on paper, framed in your room!
Peak season mean expensive season, so if the establishment is open all year, no need to expect higher prices on low season.
But these are very simple (but nice) rooms, a bed, a lamp (don't expect reading light) and no brekkie. And shared bathroom, of course.
Rarely close to the beach (if there is one) but often in the inner parts of the town.
And my Spanish is very limited indeed :-)
In low season (week before Christmas) I payed 19 euro for a single ensuite room, in Nerja. The price in summer for the same room was 35 if I remember it correctly.