Oviedo: "Casa de Camila" - recommended!

Posted by: Jordi

Oviedo: "Casa de Camila" - recommended! - 06/07/05 05:39 AM

I stayed for two weeks in Oviedo in a nice little country hotel called "Casa de Camila" (http://www.casacamila.com/casacamila_css3_hotel.htm)

This small country hotel has 7 rooms and is located outside town on the slopes of Monte Naranco, straight over the valley. You follow the signs to Fitoria. It overlooks the valley and the city, but you can still hear some background noise from the motorway and the railway in the valley.

The rooms are nicely equipped, the single rooms a bit smallish, but the doubles are rather big. Most have windows overlooking the valley with a gorgeous view over the city and the surrounding mountains. The owner and staff and very helpful and kind.

They offer a huge breakfast with ham, cheese, marmelade, cereals, fruit, breadrolls and cake. They also have a restaurant for lunch and dinner. During the low season, it is on reservation only. Without reservation, it is only open from Thursday night to Sunday at noon, but well worth a visit. Asturian dishes with a touch of nouvelle cuisine, very tasty and well prepared.

I paid €63 a night for the single (medium high season), plus 7,80 for breakfast. There is a discount for extended stays. Reservation recommended for the high season (mid-July to mid-September). In late April/mid May, I was the only guest (except for the puente)
Posted by: la calma

Re: Oviedo: "Casa de Camila" - recommended! - 06/07/05 06:36 AM

Hola Jordi!

Nice to see a fellow "Berliner" in this forum...
Thanks for the information! I sent you a private message before - get in touch, if you like.

Liebe Grüße,

la calma