Posted by: kk49827

Barcelona - Boria Bcn ?? Help! - 02/11/05 10:10 PM

Has anyone ever heard of this hotel?

It's listed as the Boria Bcn on expedia.com
The address is:
C/ Boria, 24-26
Barcelona, 08003
Expedia Boria BCN

It says it is in the Born district and 100 meters from the Santa Maria del Mar Church.

Apparently there are only 12 rooms in this tiny hotel.

Does anyone know anything about this hotel? Has anyone seen it while in Barcelona? Anyone live nearby?

Also, is this a good area to be in as a tourist? Are there attractions nearby?

The nearest metro stop is Jaume I.

I appreciate anyone who can help. I can't find anything on it.
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Barcelona - Boria Bcn ?? Help! - 02/11/05 10:45 PM

I haven't heard of it nor can I find a actual website for it. However, there are some photos and a write-up about it @ http://www.secretplaces.com/sp/1/hotels/Hotel_Boria.asp

According to the write-up above, it says it JUST opened THIS year (2005). It also states:

"The very recently opened Boria (2005 to be exact) is a welcome edition to Barcelona’s list of fine accommodations. Its excellent location is one of the reasons, being situated in the very heart of the city, right in the middle of the “El Born” and “Gothic” quarters. Then there’s the beautiful 18th century building itself and the renovation work, which has created a most comfortable place to stay, with impressive apartments (most with 2 rooms, some with one) and junior-suites decorated in a thoroughly modern manner. Each may be unique in styling and personality but there’s one thing they all have in common – the areas are huge! Rooms are generally 70 square metres."

See several photos of the address on the QDQ.com site HERE . It's apparently located on a pedestrian street. I must say that the photos are not very flattering but that may be because these QDQ.com photos were taken 2 summers ago, about 2 years before the hotel even opened. Still, you can take a virtual stroll through the neighborhood. Seems to be located on/towards the eastern edge of the Gothic Quarter.

If you stay here, won't you please give us your review of this place upon returning? Thanks!

Saludos, MadridMan