sol melia chain in Madrid-Tryp hotels

Posted by: granada94

sol melia chain in Madrid-Tryp hotels - 12/26/04 05:17 PM

HI!

My husband and I will be returning to Madrid this Feb. We are looking into staying at a new location pretty centrally located. We normally stay at Carlos V or Hotel Madrid which are both Best Western hotels. We're looking for something new this time around. The Tryp Menfis and Tryp Cibeles look great. Any feedback on any of the Tryp establishments would be greatly appreciated. In fact, I'll take any recommendations out there. I need to get going on bookings pronto!

Thanks!
Debbie
Posted by: epaulino4

Re: sol melia chain in Madrid-Tryp hotels - 12/26/04 09:21 PM

I toured The Memphis about a month or so ago. Most of the floors are remodeled, looks good, very near Plaza de Espana on Gran Via. I did hear that the Trypp Three Stars on Gran Via are a good value for your money and that would merit serious consideration.

Re: sol melia chain in Madrid-Tryp hotels - 12/27/04 10:28 AM

Thanks! I was also looking into Menfis being that it was remodeled last year. The Tryp Gran Via keeps coming up as a great value for the money as well. I guess the search will continue. Perhaps Madridman can share some insight into hostels. Having stayed in both hostels and hotels throughout Spain, I'm confident that either way will work out fine. Just need names and of course a lift being pregnant.

Gracias!
Debbie
Posted by: The_Keeper_at_Home

Re: sol melia chain in Madrid-Tryp hotels - 12/27/04 10:39 AM

Hi Debbie,

How much do you want to spend (roughly)?

And just a word of warning to January visitors...book up pronto the big tourism conference will be starting shortly and last year it was very difficult to find a hotel room in Madrid during this period.

M.

Re: sol melia chain in Madrid-Tryp hotels - 12/27/04 03:30 PM

M-
We'll be heading to Madrid the end of Feb. $100 -$150 seems reasonable although I know that I can due it for less.

Debbie