Madrid Hotels near FITUR/Parque Ferial Juan Carlos I ?

Posted by: MadridMan

Madrid Hotels near FITUR/Parque Ferial Juan Carlos I ? - 09/28/04 06:19 PM

Antonio, et.al, I've conducted a search of this category and found nothing. Lots of mention of FITUR (the international tourism trade show in Madrid January 26-30) but none of hotels NEAR the fair.

ARE there any hotels near the Parque Ferial Juan Carlos I which is where the fair takes place?

I'm asking because I'm now getting emails requesting hotels/lodging NEAR there. As far as I know, there are NO hotels near there. Correct? And those which are closest, I'd imagine, would be quite expensive. One email asked for inexpensive lodgings within walking distance. eek I don't think hotels neither inexpensive nor within walking distance exist. Correct??

I can suggest some near Barajas Airport, which is near the fair, but are there any even closer?

ANTONIO!! WHERE ARE YOU AND WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN????

And a word to the wise: If you plan to be in Madrid during the dates of this HUGE trade show, BOOK NOW because the cheaper lodgings will fill fastest, then the cheaper hotels, then the more expensive hotels. DON'T WAIT!

UPDATE:
I used www.ViaMichelin.com website which I recommended to someone recently for finding hotels near a particular address and it worked fine. Here's a list of hotels near the fair, listed in NEAREST to FARTHEST but still in the area:

Novotel Madrid Campo de las Naciones
Web: www.accor-hotels.com
Amsterdan 3
E - 28042 Madrid
Tele: 91 721 18 18
distance: 0.5 mi
Classic, modern building complex next to the Parque Ferial. Sufficiently spacious lounges and adequately comfortable rooms with functional furnishings.

Sofitel Madrid Airport
Web: www.accor-hotels.com
av. de la Capital de España Madrid 10
E - 28042 Madrid
Tele: 91 721 00 70
distance: 0.6 mi
Very near the Madrid Fairgrounds. It has a good foyer and a nice dining room laid out like an Andalusian patio. Classic-style, fully-equipped guest rooms.

Aparthotel Convención Barajas
Web: www.hotel-convencion.com
Noray 10 - N II, desvío a Barajas pueblo y Zona Industrial
E - 28042 Madrid
Tele: 91 371 74 10
distance: 0.8 mi
Two twin blocks with scarce common areas but with spacious apartment-style guest rooms with a small living room and kitchen.

NH Barajas
Web: www.nh-hoteles.es
Catamarán 1 - N II, desvío a Barajas pueblo y Zona Industrial
E - 28042 Madrid
Tele: 91 742 02 00
distance: 0.9 mi
A good choice in its category! Adequately comfortable, it belongs to a simple line of hotels within the NH chain. Acceptable common areas.

Puerta Madrid
Web: www.hoteles-silken.com
Juan Rizi 5
E - 28027 Madrid
Tele: 91 743 83 00
distance: 1.5 mi
A new building. It has a large common area with bare concrete columns and walls, and modern and functional guest rooms with excellent bathrooms.

Meliá Barajas
Web: www.solmelia.com
av. de Logroño 305 - N II y desvío a Barajas pueblo
E - 28042 Madrid
Tele: 91 747 77 00
distance: 1.8 mi
Comfortable facilities and classic style, with fully-equipped guest rooms, and bathrooms in the process of being renovated. A lot of banquet business.

Tryp Alameda Aeropuerto
Web: www.solmelia.com
av. de Logroño 100 - N II y desvío a Barajas pueblo
E - 28042 Madrid
Tele: 91 747 48 00
distance: 1.9 mi
The change in ownership has brought about an overall improvement. Their guest rooms offer modern comfort, with double doors and classic furniture. Adequate lounge area.

Zenit Conde de Orgaz
Moscatelar 24
E - 28043 Madrid
Tele: 91 748 97 60
distance: 1.9 mi
In a residential area and well connected to the airport. Cheerful décor with a charming feel. Spacious guest rooms and meeting rooms.

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: Nativo

Re: Madrid Hotels near FITUR/Parque Ferial Juan Carlos I ? - 09/30/04 07:51 AM

MM Some info on the topic.

There is at least one hotel in the complex that is within walking range : Novotel Campo de las Naciones.

Is a typical (middle price) business hotel and they have a lot of special deals. Is not too expensive and you are really near to the IFEMA complex
Posted by: Andrés

Re: Madrid Hotels near FITUR/Parque Ferial Juan Carlos I ? - 10/06/04 11:58 AM

Ummhhhhh do you get of many requests like that MM. Have you considered opening a travel agency?

As for Hotels have you tried contacting Feria de Madrid? Many times this big trade fairs have their own travel agency that will book for you a hotel close to the exhibition.

Andres
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Madrid Hotels near FITUR/Parque Ferial Juan Carlos I ? - 10/06/04 01:52 PM

Andrés wrote:
Quote:
As for Hotels have you tried contacting Feria de Madrid? Many times this big trade fairs have their own travel agency that will book for you a hotel close to the exhibition.
I have not contacted them, no, but I did go to the FITUR website as well as the Fería de Madrid website and their page on recommended hotels mainly listed hotels in the city center.

Saludos, MadridMan