Hostal Lopez, Madrid - Not for One Night

Posted by: EsMercadal

Hostal Lopez, Madrid - Not for One Night - 08/27/04 11:47 AM

Just tried to book a room for the night of January 2, 2005, which is over four months away. I have to layover and wanted to hit the Prado & Sofia museums.

When I spoke to the Spanish-only speaker in my Spanglish, she laughed because I was so temperano (early). She said to call back later and speak to the English-speaking person.

When I called back, the English-speaking person said all rooms were booked for that day.

This corroborates other postings that Hostal Lopez only wants multi-night tenants, so if you are looking for only one night, look elsewhere.
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Hostal Lopez, Madrid - Not for One Night - 08/27/04 12:24 PM

Hi EsMercadal! Welcome to our little message board!

While we can't know for sure what's happening in this case - it may very well be full on that day - but many owners of "hostales" prefer to say "we're "full" instead of "we don't take reservations that far in advance." I think this mostly applies to the smaller establishments the size of Hostal López . I'd be willing to bet that if you called back 2 months in advance of your intended stay that you'll find they may have a vacancy as I've never heard of a lodging establishment denying patrons a 1-night stay. 1-night is definitely better than 0-nights!

Saludos, MadridMan