Madrid-Hostal Adriano Elevator Update

Posted by: Mongo

Madrid-Hostal Adriano Elevator Update - 07/17/04 12:24 PM

I just heard from Alberto at Hostal Adriano/Adria that the city has approved the elevator, which was the last hurdle. The work will start in September.
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Madrid-Hostal Adriano Elevator Update - 07/17/04 11:48 PM

That's great. This should help business immensely. Thanks for sharing, Mongo!

Saludos, MadridMan

Re: Madrid-Hostal Adriano Elevator Update - 10/14/04 04:01 PM

I just heard from Enrique that construction has begun on the elevator! I have a reservation in early December and I will update then.
Posted by: Chinch

Re: Madrid-Hostal Adriano Elevator Update - 10/14/04 06:10 PM

I was just in Madrid for four wonderful days (got back yesterday) and I stayed in a youth hostel just off of Atocha not far from Huertas. I loved it and I felt completely safe. As a single female traveler, I always have my guard up and I have never felt unsafe in this part of town. Having said that, I lived in Madrid several years ago and noticed a lot more police around this time. Maybe crime is up but I certainly didn't feel it -- I just sat back and enjoyed Madrid.

Re: Madrid-Hostal Adriano Elevator Update - 10/14/04 08:08 PM

Hi Chinch! Welcome to our message board!

Did you, by chance, intend to reply to the " Madrid HUERTAS good for solo (sola) traveler? " thread?

Mongo, I'm HAPPY to hear the great news about construction on the elevator.

Saludos, MadridMan

Re: Madrid-Hostal Adriano Elevator Update - 05/12/05 12:52 PM

(originally posted by Mongo on 05-12-2005 01:01 AM)

A rumor has reached my ears that actual work has resumed on the elevator at Hostal Adriano . Not to jinx it, but hope may be on the way!

Re: Madrid-Hostal Adriano Elevator Update - 05/12/05 12:54 PM

Cross your fingers that it'll actually happen this time. They've/We've been waiting SUCH a long time. ¡Tocar Madera!

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: BHinSanDiego

Re: Madrid-Hostal Adriano Elevator Update - 06/23/05 03:17 AM

I stayed at the Hostal Adriano last week and can happily report that the framing for the elevator is in place and construction is in progress! Though I have no idea when it will be completed.
Posted by: caramel

Re: Madrid-Hostal Adriano Elevator Update - 08/02/05 10:16 AM

i do hope it will be finished by oct2005. my parents and i are planning to check-in there and by gosh they cannot climb 5 flights of stairs. smile

Re: Madrid-Hostal Adriano Elevator Update - 08/26/05 10:54 AM

While comfirming my fall reservtions at The Adriano, Alberto informed me that the elevator was actually operating until a part malfunctioned. They are waiting for the part (August vacation has delayed it) and expect to have it done in a week or two.

Cross your fingers, this is the closest we have been! smile
Posted by: blueterrier

Re: Madrid-Hostal Adriano Elevator Update - 09/12/05 08:07 AM

Just got back from a very pleasant stay at Adriano, as for the lift saga, they were working on it every day with a view to it being back in service within the next two weeks, good job as its a bit of a slog after doing the Huertas shuffle smile
Posted by: el tio

Re: Madrid-Hostal Adriano Elevator Update - 09/12/05 11:33 AM

I hope your predictions are correct. We'll be there in two weeks. Keeping my fingers crossed, though if its still a work in progress, I could use the exercise.
Posted by: GoMadrid

Re: Madrid-Hostal Adriano Elevator Update - 09/14/05 11:35 PM

I arrive on September 28. Perhaps we will meet El Tio and we can provide a joint report on the elevator.

Re: Madrid-Hostal Adriano Elevator Update - 09/15/05 05:32 AM

How about some progress photos too!? smile

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: GoMadrid

Re: Madrid-Hostal Adriano Elevator Update - 09/16/05 12:43 AM

Por su puesto, MadridMan.

There will be photos.
Posted by: Bill from NYC

Re: Madrid-Hostal Adriano Elevator Update - 09/16/05 10:52 AM

I would have never thought an elevator could cause so much excitement. laugh

People even want photos of an elevator. eek

Bill

Re: Madrid-Hostal Adriano Elevator Update - 09/16/05 11:22 AM

Hehehee... it's true but only because this elevator has been "in progress" for YEARS and it's possibly the last item in the recipe to make a great hostel ( Hostal Adriano ) complete. I remember a few years ago when they completed replacing/renovating the stairs and, wow, that was a big improvement.

Saludos, MadridMan

Re: Madrid-Hostal Adriano Elevator Update - 09/16/05 01:51 PM

It's a cult!
Posted by: el tio

Re: Madrid-Hostal Adriano Elevator Update - 09/17/05 01:19 AM

I can see it now...a bunch of us standing around an elevator bank taking pictures. Someone walking by might think it was a crime scene:)
Posted by: Blossom

Re: Madrid-Hostal Adriano Elevator Update - 09/19/05 08:16 AM

We will be arriving at the Adriano next Saturday 24th, and I have just heard from Alberto that the lift may be fixed by then. Fingers crossed.

Re: Madrid-Hostal Adriano Elevator Update - 09/19/05 10:03 PM

(originally posted by epaulino4 on 09-19-2005 09:23 PM)

For all of us ADRIANO 's fans:

The elevator will be up and running this fall by the time we get there this fall.

I don't know if I will be able to hold off my tears first time I use it.

Let us all enjoy it.
Posted by: Bill from NYC

Re: Madrid-Hostal Adriano Elevator Update - 09/20/05 07:55 AM

How many of you Adriano Fans are going to missed climbing the stairs? laugh

Quote:
Let us all enjoy it.
I hope you Adriano Fans do not try use it at the same time. You might break it! laugh

Bill
Posted by: epaulino4

Re: Madrid-Hostal Adriano Elevator Update - 09/20/05 05:19 PM

I will miss the excercise after a few tapas and drinks!

Re: Madrid-Hostal Adriano Elevator Update - 09/27/05 12:52 AM

(originally posted by epaulino4 on 09-26-2005 09:25 AM)

Have you heard? Great News!!!

The elevator is operation! Rooms rates will not go up and some continuous improvments to property in the works.
Posted by: Silvita

Re: Madrid-Hostal Adriano Elevator Update - 09/28/05 05:31 PM

I am happy to report that the elevator at the Adriano lifted me and my two 27 kg suitcases up 5 flights with no problem today!

Re: Madrid-Hostal Adriano Elevator Update - 10/03/05 07:09 PM

(originally posted by GoMadrid on 10-03-2005 06:14 PM)

The elevator at Hostal Adriano works great, and I am at this moment, comfortably ensconced in my room there after nearly freezing to death on the terraza at La Trucha (restaurant). My friend Don who has accompanied me on this trip said, "Hey, it is really cold out here, but the good thing is that we have to pay more".

Couldn't get any special glasses (they were all sold out), but we were able to watch a lot of people in Madrid watching the eclipse.

I have taken pictures of the new elevator, but have no idea how to post them to this site.

Madrid, as usual is a special place. As they say, "Desde Madrid al cielo".