San Sebastian: Pension Amaiur

Posted by: laish

San Sebastian: Pension Amaiur - 06/11/04 03:41 PM

Hi all, I´ve just recently stayed at pension amaiur in san sebastian, it was a wonderful place with kitchen and internet. Superb homely feel to the place and the host is very helpful. Strongly recommend this place to anyone visiting san sebastian, it´s located in the old city. The website is at www.pensionamaiur.com The room i stayed in was a double room without bath and it cost 40euros. They´ve got a great looking shared bath with brand new fittings. welcome any questions...
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: San Sebastian: Pension Amaiur - 06/11/04 04:04 PM

Thanks SO much for that review! I've often wondered about this place - their website is REALLY nice and the pension looks the same. So you didn't mind the shared bathroom? I think it said one bathroom for every 2 rooms. Did you have a room with a streetside balcony? How was the reservation process?

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: laish

Re: San Sebastian: Pension Amaiur - 06/13/04 08:48 AM

yup no problem at all with the shared baths, the floor we were on had 4 rooms, and there were two complete bathrooms on that floor. Also a well equipped kitchen with microwave and fridge and toaster. Yes, we stayed in the room with a balcony with street view and it was full of flowers, very well decorated. We had tried reservation with email, but somehow didn´t get thru, but it was fortunate that there were vacancies when we reached. the host said that email is checked everyday... so it shouldn´t be a problem. payment was by cash, they only require credit card numbers for reservation.
Posted by: Arturo

Re: San Sebastian: Pension Amaiur - 06/15/04 06:08 AM

I just reserved four nights in September at the Pension Amaiur. I sent an e-mail on Sunday evening and got a response Monday morning. I just got my confirmation this morning.

After reading about the Pension Amaiur here on MadridMan, I came across a very favorable review after doing a Google search. There were also good reviews in several guide books.

I will be flying to Bilbao from London on EasyJet.
I am now looking into things to do in the Bilbao-San Sebastian area. Any recommendations for a day trip by bus? I am thinking of going to either Pamplona or Biarritz.

Thanks.....

Arturo