Hotel at Barajas Airport for family

Posted by: fuegofuego

Hotel at Barajas Airport for family - 05/17/04 04:42 PM

We are looking for suggestions....my husband and I and our 2 year old son, need a hotel at or near Barajas for 1 night. We are looking for something with amenities (fridge etc.) Any ideas?
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Hotel at Barajas Airport for family - 05/17/04 09:19 PM

Hi "FireFire"! wink I think you'll "pay through the nose" for a room with a refrigerator near Barajas airport. Too bad you're not staying at Hostal Adriano/Adriá near the Puerta del Sol as they have refrigerators in all rooms.

Barring a refrigerator and while I know nothing about it, you might consider the Hostal Los 5 Pinos . It's probably quite bit cheaper than the typical corporate & expensive hotels near Barajas airport. It's still more expensive than most other hostels ("hostales") but cheap for those around the Madrid airport.

UPDATE: After re-visiting their website, all rooms at the Hostal Los 5 Pinos have a MINIBAR so I suppose you could use that as your refrigerator.

They write:
Quote:
The Hotel Has a total of sixty double rooms. All they are equipped with a bathroom, telephone, minibar, safebox, musical thread, coffeshop, independent aconditioned air and free private parking.
Good luck! Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: fuegofuego

Re: Hotel at Barajas Airport for family - 05/31/04 09:55 PM

Thanks for the feedback, Madrid Man.
This board has been a ton of help -- we have used a lot of info to plan our upcoming trip to Spain. The mini bar is a good idea but will not fit the bill for what we need -- we have a 2 year old and need to store milk, etc. However, I'll keep looking and let you know if I find anything. Thanks again.