Barcelona: Hosteria Grau

Posted by: hombre

Barcelona: Hosteria Grau - 05/08/04 12:58 PM

We will be staying at Hosteria Grau a couple of days in june. I have read some comments on this hostal on this site,but they are written several years ago. Somebody out there who happens to know Hosteria Grau and could give a short description of the hostal, security of the area and so on?

Re: Barcelona: Hosteria Grau - 05/10/04 04:38 PM

Nobody?
Posted by: susanna

Re: Barcelona: Hosteria Grau - 05/17/04 01:31 PM

Hi Hombre
I've just seen you post but I stated there about 3yrs ago in December. I was with my 70 year old mother and found the area quite safe the rooms were fine .We also had an apartment there, good as well. Would def go again
susanna

Re: Barcelona: Hosteria Grau - 05/20/04 06:04 PM

Thanks Susanna
sounds good smile
That security bit is not too much of a worry,anyway,but thinking a bit of it since this is the first time I take the kids to a city of this size...
Looks like a perfect location,though,considering the communications available at the nearby Pl.de Catalunya,as well as making the old city by foot.

Re: Barcelona: Hosteria Grau - 05/25/06 06:32 AM

Never too late,is it? I stayed a couple of nights at Hosteria Grau with my wife and two kids. Family room on the 3d floor,simple furnishing but clean and quite okay.It was hard work though carrying the suitcases up and down the narrow stairway! Perfect location to reach Rambles and Pl.Catalunya in a couple of minutes.
Also very quiet at night, in spite of the Carrer Pelai and pl.Catalunya nearby.
Recommended..
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Barcelona: Hosteria Grau - 05/25/06 06:55 AM

I got a GOOOOD look at the place myself last March. It has a nice-looking reception area on the ground floor just off the street. It's actually located "left" of La Rambla in the "El Raval" neighborhood. The area's pedestrian but a bit "darker" and "edgier" than to "right" of La Rambla but it certainly has character.

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: France

Re: Barcelona: Hosteria Grau - 05/25/06 02:42 PM

I wish I would have known about this hostel before booking and staying at Pension Bahia.....what a hole! DO NOT STAY THERE! It is dirty, gross, unfriendly, basic and in a dangerous location.....remember, do not stay at Pension Bahia!
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Barcelona: Hosteria Grau - 05/25/06 07:57 PM

France, Pensión Bahía is located right on La Rambla (on the corner, actually, just one block "below" the Plaza de Catalunya. I don't think there's a safer area in this zone.

Saludos, MadridMan