Madrid: Hostal Adriano

Posted by: GoMadrid

Madrid: Hostal Adriano - 04/24/04 06:26 PM

Just returned from a wonderful trip to Madrid where we spent 11 nights at Hostal Adriano .

This place is FANTASTIC !!

Very luxurious, excellent staff, direct dial phones, and FREE DSL. We took our laptop and it worked perfectly.

The only draw-back is the hike up the stairs, but some day they will have an elevator.

We thought that it was good exercise, and somehow made it OK to eat as many tapas as we did. Not to mention a midnight run to the Chocolateria San Gines for churros and chocolate. (Actually I had a porro)

Great location too. Near Puerta del Sol and Plaza Santa Ana.

Trust me, if you stay here you will be very happy.
Posted by: sel

Re: Madrid: Hostal Adriano - 04/24/04 08:19 PM

Wow...I find the free DSL to be really attractive. It would be so great to be able to use the laptop at ones convenience!! I hope more hostals have this in the future!!!
Posted by: Mongo

Re: Madrid: Hostal Adriano - 04/26/04 11:43 PM

Hola GoMadrid!

I just returned home several hours ago. How was your meal at Lhardy? I think I had good night, but the memories are a bit fuzzy! wink
Posted by: mandolynn

Re: Madrid: Hostal Adriano - 04/27/04 07:50 PM

¡Hola todos! This is the first time I've posted here, but I've been looking around for several weeks, planning the trip to Spain my husband and I will be taking next month. By the good advice here, I booked a room at Hostal Adriano for our stay in Madrid, and now that I read this review, I'm so excited!! Thanks to all for your advice. We will also be staying in Sevilla so I will post my reviews when we get back.
Posted by: epaulino4

Re: Madrid: Hostal Adriano - 04/27/04 08:42 PM

Yes, you are making the best decsion.

I was there at HOSTAL ADRIANO and had the pleasure of meeting GoMadrid, his wife and son.

Hostal Adriano is just getting better and better. The lobby is almost finished in black/gray marble and wood stairs. They look fanstastic! The staff at the Hostal are the most wonderful sweetest people you will encounter.

Best regards

Elvira
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Madrid: Hostal Adriano - 04/27/04 10:38 PM

And I met BOTH YOU, epaulino4 AND GoMadrid and his family, coincidentally, when I was visiting with Alberto and Enrique at Hostal Adriano! Wow, that was quite a surprise. Nice to meet you and glad to know you had a positive experience at Hostal Adriano !

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: Funkinwaggoner

Re: Madrid: Hostal Adriano - 04/28/04 01:14 AM

Does the DSL work with an American computer? Is it kind of like outlets where European ones are different than American ones?

Spain Search
Posted by: GoMadrid

Re: Madrid: Hostal Adriano - 04/28/04 08:19 AM

To Mongo:

Lhardy was VERY expensive. For the three of us, lunch was about $200.00. That having been said, it was a great experience. The ambiance, presentation, leisurely pace, etc was tremendous.
Was it great food? Well, I can name several restaurants in San Francsico that have much better.

But it was a special occasion. We were in Madrid, had Euros to burn before returning home, and were not disappointed.

To Funkinwaggoner:

What do you mean American computer?...it was a Toshiba. All laptop computers can handle a range of electrical currents which include those found in Spain. You need to buy a plug adapter, about $1.00, which allows you to convert the American-style plug into one acceptable in Spain.
It is a piece of cake.