Madrid: Hostal San Isidro... has anybody stayed there?

Posted by: whyssb

Madrid: Hostal San Isidro... has anybody stayed there? - 02/12/04 06:12 PM

It is listed with a link, but I am unable to locate any comments about the Hostal San Isidro . Can anybody comment on this place?
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Madrid: Hostal San Isidro... has anybody stayed there? - 02/12/04 09:48 PM

Are you and ROSY in cahoots? hehehe.. Just kidding. Please tell us where in Spain this place is located and we'll further direct you. Thanks! smile

Saludos, MadridMan

Re: Madrid: Hostal San Isidro... has anybody stayed there? - 02/12/04 11:02 PM

Well when I went to paste the link in I realized I was mispelling it. oops..... Amazing, now I can find some reviews.

Re: Madrid: Hostal San Isidro... has anybody stayed there? - 02/12/04 11:29 PM

Please let us know more about this place. Where in Spain is it??? confused Also, what's the correct spelling? Let me know and I'll change/correct it in your subject line. And if you do end up staying there will you come back here and give us your own personal review? Thanks!

Saludos, MadridMan

Re: Madrid: Hostal San Isidro... has anybody stayed there? - 02/13/04 12:47 PM

It is in Madrid, otherwise know as Hostal San Isidro that you have a link for on your Hostal page . I was spelling it Isidoro... sorry.

Your web page has become my mainstay for planning my trip. My husband and I like to travel to different places, rarely returning to the same place twice. As such I tend to do my homework first to maximize our experience. Your page has been an awesome resource!

Re: Madrid: Hostal San Isidro... has anybody stayed there? - 02/13/04 02:11 PM

Great! Thanks for the clarifications! I'll update (and correct wink ) your subject line to reflect the city location.

Have you tried a SEARCH of said hostel? Seems to me there have been a few postings about it in the past. Try keywords MADRID HOSTAL ISIDRO and you should find them. Anyone have any fresh reviews of the place?

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: Mongo

Re: Madrid: Hostal San Isidro... has anybody stayed there? - 02/14/04 11:19 PM

I have stayed several times as recent as Oct 01. Decent place, fairly newly redone and clean. Good value for the price. TV's (No English)and baths
in room.

A MAJOR drawback to me was on Thursday-Saturday it is right in the middle of "La Marcha". Thousands of kids drinking, hooting and hollering and generally doing what young drunks do. It can be very noisy and a bit threatening if you go back to your hostal past midnight!

It is my impression that the crowd gets a little older and mellower as you go west from c/Principe.